I'm cheating and I don't care!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by SeedTick, May 27, 2006.

1. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    This is probably one of the best things I've ever bought for fishing.

an umbrella

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=993&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults

It sure was nice fishing in the shade out on the river Thursday. It was about 95 and miserable when the wind wasn't blowing.

I bought a couple of the umbrellas but I didn't buy the holders. I went to Lowe's and bought the stuff and built them myself for about 22.00 dollars. I've only used them once so far but I sure did like 'em.

ST

2. Cat King

Cat King New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    sounds nice fishing in the shade

3. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Now your fishin in style brother!! lol:lol:

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    You got the right idea.I'll probably be night fishing from now on out this year because of the heat.I've already been sunburned pretty bad once this year.If I do get out in the day,I'll have to figure out how to rig me up something like that for bank fishing.

5. darklight825

darklight825 New Member

State:
    pa
    You should do what I do. It's cheaper and cooler.. Go at night or in the rain. The rain seems to be stirring them up nice this year.

6. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    WTG Seedtick. Arkansas ingenuity. Did the same on my old tracker. Mounted the PVC to the back of the seats and it would rotate as I turned. Stayed in the shade all the time. Works in the rain too.

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thats not cheating at all, it's being a wimp!! LMAO

Just messin with ya, dont blame ya. Heat and me dont mix well brother.

8. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    If it works for you, more power to you. And the price sure beats a bimini top.

9. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    My mother-in-law had an umbrella that hooks on to a lawn chair, she's gone and now it's mine. I haven't used it yet only because I had forgotten about it. Now I must find it and add it to my truck. Geez gonna have to get a bigget truck if this don't stop.

10. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've had one of them for a couple years, haven't ever used it yet because I am mostly done by noon. I didn't know it was cheating thou.:lol:

11. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Your on to the right idea. Freds sells those big patio umbrellas for around 15 bucks. Its somewhere around 7 to 8 feet umbrella with a 6 foot pole. We mounted Pvc to hold it and it shades half the boat.

12. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Whew!!! and here i thought from the title you were going to a pay lake!!!

13. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'd like to see some pictures...

14. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    Seedtick, You are not Cheating and your comfort is the most important. We on this side of the water have used them for many years. The Brolley has been used in many form and has been modified to extrems. The link that I have attached will show one the more extrems versions. The fact the you use what is available is to maintain your comfort is a Big Positive. Keep doing what you do and Catch Fish!! JMHO!!!
    https://www.gerlinger.de/katalogseiten/771.pdf

HOPPY4

15. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I never used artificial Sun protection,including sun glasses untill I got sick.I paid for it with cataracts and cancer.Due to medication as little as 20 minutes in strong sunlight can now affect me.I no longer laugh at the shade lovers.My body cain;t even control my temperature correctly any more.Some of the farm supply places carry very sturdy umbrellas and mounts made for tractors.Many are VERY STURDY,easy to mount,and at a reasonable price.They stand up well for FRESH WATER use.peewee-williams

16. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Since I am moving from night time fishing to daytime fishing, I'm going to have to look into that.... Since I had heat stroke, I can't take the sun much either.

17. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Great idea Greg !!!
    Pleast post the plans that you made it with!! I would save me ALOT of time tryin' to figure it out !!!!

18. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats very nice to have shade.

19. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Guys, I'll take some pictures tomorrow and show you what I did. It might give you a starting place.

ST

20. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Guys, It's finally tomorrow. :roll_eyes:

Here is what they look like.

I used 4 t's for each one and I made the 'arms' long enough to allow the chair to spin 360 degrees without hitting the umbrella pole.
    I put 5/16 x 18 thumbscrews in to keep everything snug.

Attached Files: