Im back from KY Lake...

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by travis_duckhunter, May 18, 2008.

1. travis_duckhunter

travis_duckhunter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well guys I'm back from the lake and all I can say is get down there and get em! We caught fish till we were tired of catching fish! It was great! Caught 22 fish last night alone, average weight 7 pounds, all channels... Have 6 one gallon freezer bags FULL of fillets. Fished with jugs and limb lines using shrimp and leeches, most biting on the shrimp. Was gonna pole fish as well, but honestly couldnt due to running the gear. Fish were FULL of eggs when we cleaned em, all fish were taken in 2-6 feet of water in the back of the bay... If you have a chance to go, get down there guys, you wont regret it! Hope everyone else had a good weekend of fishing!

2. travis_duckhunter

State:
    Kentucky
    By the way, I have some pics and will try to get them posted in the day!

3. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    What Bay were you in???? They were hitting good a couple weeks ago.

4. travis_duckhunter

State:
    Kentucky
    Smith Bay... they were only hitting in the very back in shallow water. Everyone else was fishing points and the mouth of the bay and not catching anything at all. When we left we showed them our stringers and told em where to go, so hopefully the other guys that were camping down there are having some success now too. Great time to go, going back to work this morning was rough knowing how good the fishing is right now!