I'm a wild and crazy guy.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Nobody Special, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    The old lady wanted to go out to eat today so I loaded her up in the truck and drove 175 miles to Sikeston Missouri to Lambert's Cafe (home of the throwed rolls) where we ate a good meal and then came back home.

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Man, you are a party animal Mark!:lol:

3. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    slow down slow down...don't get all wild and crazy at once...lol...hope ya'll had a good time

4. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Thats a long, long way to go for a meal. I quess the food is good!

5. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    did ya happen to bring any home for a snack.

6. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    HOLY COW.... you are crazy...

I am willing to bet the gas bill was higher then the food bill!

Hope the lady is happy!!!

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    From what I have heard it was worth the trip. Hope you enjoyed your meal.

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Must have been some good food! :lol:

9. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Woah that is crazy. Hope you enjoy your food and the long long drive it took to get it.

10. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas

Ask anyone who lives in a 200 mile or so radius from the Missouri bootheel,they'll all tell ya,"Lambert's in Sikeston is worth the drive".

11. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    It was good. I got meatloaf, about a pound and a half on the plate, plus mashed potatoes, white beans and corn, and my wife got chicken & dumplings and some other stuff. She even caught the first roll that was thrown at her.
    The servers kept coming around with pots of fried okra, black eyed peas and other stuff, but we was too full to take any of it. They even offered me seconds on the meatloaf. Our bill was $24.99. We burned a tank of gas which was about $40.00 getting there and back.

It was about 2:00 pm when we got there and there was a line of people about 50 long in front of us but the line moved quickly. It took us about 15 minutes to get a seat and another 15 minutes to get our order. It's definately a place to stop at when you're in the area.

12. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Next time your in Springfield to go to the Pro Shop, stop a W J Cody's Bar ( if that ain't the exact name, its close), its on the south side of the road going to the Pro Shop off 65, right next to a Goodyear tire shop. Little hole in the wall bar that's got the best steaks you'll get anywhere for a bargain price, burgers are great too, but you'd better be hungry, burger comes on one plate and the fries on another, both plates will be full. Kinda place you don't stop unless you know it, but its a great place to eat, all ways make sure I get there in time to eat when we make a pilgrimage to the Bass Pro Shop a couple of times a year. Friend of mine that's a local told me about it years ago at a cattle show in Springfield ot I'd never have tried it, but its good one.

13. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    "The old lady", your wife, is a very lucky woman. Right now I would like to drive to K-Town and go to Pueblo Grille off of exit 322, Strawberry Plains. Sounds like it was totally worth it. I bet she smiled the whole way there and back. Take care.

14. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Oh yeah, BTW, you ARE a wild and crazy guy, based purely on this post. :lol: