I'm a Spotter!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by KATMANDETTE, May 17, 2007.

1. KATMANDETTE

KATMANDETTE New Member

State:
    Cedar Key, Florida
    I've just become a trained Storm Spotter....NOAA had a class today, and now I've ready to serve.

Anyone else a spotter? I just LOVE the storms.

Mikey:cool2:

2. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I would love to be a storm chaser! What a rush! How long was the course from NOAA, and how much?

Aaron

TA2D

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'm a spotter. Everytime I spot one comein up river, I get outa there,

Quite an accomplishment there young lady.

4. bwillaub

bwillaub New Member

State:
    missouri
    Good for you, Kat. Sounds like an exciting thing to do. I love to watch a nice storm. We have had our share here in Central Mo. the past few years.

5. FishinFool

FishinFool New Member

State:
    Wilmington, OH
    I went through the NOAA Class a few years ago but haven't renewed the training. (due to moving and other circumstances) I need to take the class again.

Anyone interested in becoming a Weather Spotter
    "Skywarn.org" classes are free and can usually be found somewhere close to you.

Even without a desire to be a weather spotter, the training shows you what to watch for, and could be helpful to anyone that like to be outdoors (like while Fishing/ Boating)

Thanks Katmandette, and congratulations on becoming a spotter.

6. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just an ammeteur, but I love storms. Don't "chase" them much anymore because if I got killt, ppl might miss me.

7. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Congrats Mikey, but I agree with Big George, if I see one coming its time to pull anchors and go, lol. :eek:oooh:

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Okay, Mickey... now that you are trained and your a traveling health care provider, why not just come on over to Texas and follow the tornado's to North Dakota...sometimes you get to vere easterly and visit the North Central part of the country. LOL. You can't be too trained for tornado's. They will make a liar out of the most experienced weatherman.

9. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i love storms, Mikey....nothing the wife and i like more than (well, maybe one or two other things:embarassed: :smile2: ) sitting on the deck and watching the lightning, hearing the rain on the deck roof, and hearing the thunder roll thru the clouds:big_smile:

10. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Gotta say, I'm with George on this one... figuratively speakin :tounge_out:
    but that's very cool, Mikey... congratulations!

11. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yes I am a trained storm spotter and amateur storm chaser. The NOAA class was pretty good, but it would pay off to find a local spotter that has been doing it for sometime to team up with and learn from. It does get pretty crazy out there some times. Congrats and stay safe.