I'm a hero

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ka_c4_boom, Oct 24, 2006.

1. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    had to share lmao , mabel was just going absolutly nuts yelling HONEY HONEY OH OH HONEY so i got up from the computer to see what the heck could be so tragic , :lol: there she sat all bundled up in her chair pointing towards the t.v. saying GET IT GET IT i couldnt see what the heck she was talking about then finally right in front of her hanging from a single thread was this little bitty i mean small about this size ( ) spider :lol:

who else has this fear ?

sorry to laugh but thats just nuts

2. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    A spider will make me hurt myself. Not one that small, but 3 times that size. I once jumped from a 40' extention ladder, painting carnish, because one landed on my shoulder.LOL. You would have loved it, it was halarious. Anyways, but yeah, I'd rather play with a snake, that a big spider get on me.

3. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    sounds like my wife scared to death of any bug my three year old daughter will chase her around with spiders and grass hoppers all i can do is laugh

4. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    My cousin is seriously terrified. He is 19 and he still can't kill one. One time he saw a black widow by his bedroom window (outside). he didnt sleep in his room for a month.

We were crappie fishing this spring in some flooded trees. I trolled up to the top of a tree about a foot out of the water. It had probably 50 spiders on this little stump. I went ahead and tied off to it and we started fishing. Well these spiders saw their way off that little island and i watched them come, single file, up the rope into the boat. about 5 minutes later the front of the boat was covered. I told him, he looked and jumped straight in the lake, cell phone and all. I still laugh about that one.

5. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    LOL!!!......thats pretty good!!

6. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I wish I was there on that one..LOL

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

:worship: All hail c4, the spider conquering hero :lol:! Well, I can't say that I'm crazy about spiders, but as long as they stay out of my way, I'll stay out of theirs. I wouldn't say I have a fear of them though. However....

Glenn, if a big old spider dropped on me like that I'd FREAK too :eek:oooh:. Talk about scare tactics!

Funny story.....the day I was leaving for the NC gathering, I posted on the "What's the most poisonous spider?" thread in response to a question cattinfever999 asked about wolf spiders. IMMEDIATELY after that I logged out, and went to collect camping gear. The first thing I grabbed, behind it on an old chest of drawers, was a large wolf spider - about three inches in diameter. First I laughed a lot, but it was a beautiful example of this type of spider. So I went and retrieved an old pasta sauce jar and poked holes in the lid with a can opener. The spider was sitting on a drawer face. Slowly but surely I placed the jar over him, and he crawled inside. Wolf spiders are cricket farmers you know, they love crickets. Luckily I had some :big_smile:. I gave him a couple, and left for the NC gathering. When I got home two days later, he was balled up against the lid where the air holes were. I thought he was dead :sad2:. When I picked up the jar to take a closer look, I realized that he was very much alive. Off we went to the woods, where he lived to see another day. I did give him fair warning not to come back into my porch room! :lol:

I have seen quite a few black widow spiders over the years I have lived on this property, and have caught a few of those too. But, more often than not, they will be dead within a few seconds, if I can reach 'em safely.

8. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I was hunting for crickets one day. Remember you have to be fast for the little buggers. Well I had momma lift the hood of an old car that has been in the field forever.Crickets everywhare, so I started to catch as many as i could . When I had a few in each hand Momma would put the hood back down, we woild wait a min and go after them again.Well this happened about three times.I should have stopped then but it seemed soo easy, why stop.up the hood went up and again yuddles of the little black beauties. I slapped my hand down and I must have four of them in one hand I could feel them wiggleing, so I opened my hand and low and behold I saw the biggest wolf spider I have ever seen!!I screemed bloody murder. momma dropped the hood on my hand.and we both beat feet!! whenever I use crickets for bait now I buy them. smokey.

I dont like spiders and snakes..

I have a snake story too..

9. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Lmao, Have A Neighbor That Just Hates Spiders. I Get A Laugh Everytime One Comes Near Her

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    im totally gutless when it comes to spiders as far as im concerned the only goodun is a deadun one time i saw this tiny horned lizard[we call em horny toads here] so i swatted at it and grabbed it up was gonna give it to my daughter i opened up my hand and there was a big old hairy wolf spider i screamed an threw that thing across the yard and my daughter and wife are laughing to beat the band an my daughter said gosh dad its just a spider

11. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Ok, I'll admit it, I'm scared of spider's!:eek:oooh:

I just don't like them at all, and always am afraid one will bite me while I'm sleeping because that's how they get most people. The big ones don't really scare me as much because I can see them pretty easily, but the tiny ones scare me because they are near impossible to see and feel.

12. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey Richard, I have family in the panhandle of Texas. When we went out there for a visit one year, my mom insisted on bringing some "horny toads" back (she spent part of her childhood there). She caught two of them, and they rode all the way back to NC with us :big_smile:. We tried keeping 'em for a little while, but they didn't seem to like the climate much, so we passed 'em on to our local science center, who built them some sort of habitat. They still didn't live much longer after that. I always regretted bringing them back here, but it wasn't my choice. :sad2:

13. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    I am not scared of them but i dont like them either. The thing that bothers me most about them is I had a Doctor tell me that the average person in a life time will swallow about 8 spiders in their sleep.

14. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas

Tanya, when I read your post it made me think of a slide I took in 1968, we lived in west TX.. our daughters, one with a horny toad in each hand. :smile2:

I hate spiders and AR has plenty.

Attached Files:

15. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    It's good you get to be hero. And I mean that.

But spiders and some bugs bother me a lot more than they do my wife.

My wife is my fishing buddy; sometimes she even seems to like fishing and the outdoors more than I. She doesn’t want to quit.

She's not afraid of lizards (witch we have raised in our home for over 10 years and still have a couple dozen in our home), snakes (which we have kept, and she has had her own), spiders (which we have had, belonged to my son and my wife) but she is a little cautious around scorpions.

She found a scorpion in our new cabin at Lake of the Ozarks and flushed it down the toilet then told me about it. I wasn't with her at the cabin so I didn’t get to see it. She then found another one while there alone again and this time trapped and photographed him so I and my son could get to see him. Not that we didn't believe her but we were just a little skeptical. We didn't realize that here were any scorpions in Missouri, much less ones that would come inside your home.

I'm attatching 2 pictures of three of our Dragons (Lizards), they are Bearded Dragons a medium size lizard from Australia and three of our pets.

Attached Files:

16. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    I shhouy;d have posted:

in the top picture BDragonsDock.JPG, from left to eright is Amber, Que and Spice. Que is a male with a female on either side, Amber and Spice.

17. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    Boy I messed that up, it should read "should".

18. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    ive killed my share of spiders and a few snakes that found their way into our house in the past when we lived near a corn field.
    if they are in the house and startle me they may wear a boot for a hat
    but if i see them first i may go easy and set them free.:cool2:

19. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My wife and kids are way afraid of bugs, especially spiders in the house. My wife has good reason; almost any spider bite she gets ends up with a doctors visit. My son slept on the couch for 3 days after seeing one in his bedroom. My daughter called me at work to come home and kill one that scared her.

I have had some bite me. I usually find them laying dead beside me. Seems their stomachs aren't that strong.:big_smile:

20. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Years ago I ran a drycleaning plant and now and then I would see a wolf spider on the floor and I would catch it with my hands and every woman in the place would hit the back door screaming,that was a lot of fun.