I'm a bit slow

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Kutter, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I read in the FAQ section about how to make a pic part of the post instead of an attachment, but I do not understand. It says:
    How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

Ok, first off, there is no arrow that I can find. Then again, it might be there, if I had any idea what an attachment icon was. I am sure I am simply looking in the wrong location or something.

As a side note, I tried to "thin" out some of all the attachments I had, but I couldn't find a delete box to check. There used to be one at one time, I recall. How do I do it now?

Thanks

2. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    nice avatar fella

3. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Kutter, I just post to the reply, then go down to "Manage Attachments" and upload my picture, that is how I do it.

4. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Kutter I had a discussion with Paul about putting image in the body of the post, if ya'll will recall I used to put little pics, like congrads and praying for you, just various ones that I used that I've collected or made over the years.

He had told me at that time that it became a problem with people putting in bad ones, or things that were advertising for other sites or being ugly about this one, and so forth, so they removed the feature from all but a few sections. There was a little picture icon up next to the quote button in the reply box, if that's not there you can't do it in that section. I've noticed it still available in certain places here.

You can still attach them to the post, you just can't put them in the body anymore. they killed that option in most sections and I really miss it.

5. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    That's great information that you are sharing with us, Cher. I figured that imbedded pictures might prove to be a moderator's nightmare!

I'm still trying to figure out the difference between picture albums on my profile page from the catfish picture library. Then with attachments...it seems that I have stuff squirreled away everywhere around here! :embarassed:

6. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
  7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Insert Image is still available in "In the News" section.

I've used it a few times when it was available in "General" posting. I noticed some folks misused it by posting too large a image and also some would use "Quote" without deleting the image. All that makes a page load slower for those that don't have high speed internet.

8. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Thank you all for the replies. I understand now, both what & why it is not in normal usage.
    At least I feel better now that I don't have to blame it on my steady decline of brain cells. I got enough to blame to that as it is.:sad2:

Reps to all, if it will let me.