Illinois senators

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by roondad, Dec 2, 2009.

1. roondad

roondad New Member

State:
    ill.
    Do you fellow Illini think Dick Durbin and Roland Burris are truly representing the best Interests of their constituents? and could you give examples, do your views and our senators views seem similar? I am just curious and do not wish to argue I just want to see examples that I may have missed.

2. fishead69

fishead69 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    After the current (and past) trangressions and criminal offense by our "elected" officials - I can honestly say for the most part - Illinois government is broken...I feel as tho all are simpy crooks with their own pocket lining in mind. Never mind people are going hungry , losing their jobs and homes...their children forced to live in poverty that , in some cases , rivals the great depression , while our lawmakers are enjoying fat salaries ,eating steak dinners at our expense. I have children and (thank God) a job to keep them sheltered and fed...although it may not be the best at times...alot of folks just don't have that. What is it going to take to get legislators that genuinely feel the pain of our ordinary folks? Another problem we face is that when these officials are elected - it is Chicago that votes them in...and as our "famous" Blago has shown...they all know this aiming their promises and influence to win the election as such. This leaves the rest of us "downstate hillbillies" out in the cold...I am very positive that our founding fathers did not have this crap in mind when our great country began....

3. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Illini State senotors are total 180 from my views. If I were to say anymore my blood would boil.
    JMHO

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I can remember when Durbin would work for the people, but not any more. Been in office to long and has forgotten his base. Burris has no clue to what is going on and would need an unbiased interpreter to get it right. Appears to be a crook from the get go. Illinois is in a sad mess, with no help in sight.

5. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    southern illinois should be its own state. ive said it a hundred times. as long as there is chicago to deal with, then southern illinois is always gonna get the short end of the stick. doesnt really seem to matter who is in office.

6. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    lol the us is failing ,it seems we lose rights everday, i dont care this is our land not the stupid suits sitting on a thrown in dc, i love our country hate our goverment, sorry thats how i feel, all you hear is libral,conservative, im not one or the other,i believe in freedom and to treat thy neighbor as thyself,bottem line

7. tswebb71

tswebb71 Member

State:
    So. IL
    Al, you know that Dicky and Roland are tops on my Christmas card list:wink::wink::smile2::smile2: NOT!!

8. rvrrt

rvrrt New Member

State:
    IL
    Seems like politicians only care about one thing, filling their pockets with money from whoever and wherever and however they can. They have no morals and they have no clue about what is actually going on in this country. Unless a politician has proven their self I am voting anyone holding office OUT! Starting with Durbin and Burris!

9. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    and they have 100 percent control on you

10. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    that is the same way us in the central valley of CA feel. we get the shaft from northern CA and southern ca

11. Graywolf

Graywolf New Member

State:
    Peru, IL.
    I love my Country and flag, but don't trust my goverment....

12. barnold

barnold Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Oh how quickly we forget in the great state of Ill. When Blago was running in his first primary he was running against Vallis. He couldn't beat Vallis in Chicago and didn''t. It was the DOWNSTATE democrats that swallowed his Im a country boy line and got him on the ballot as their candidate for Gov. I am from Central Ill and while I am not a dem. I hate to let the record be squed by short memories and those who voted for him and others like him and now want to blame it elsewhere.:angry:

13. Chicago

Chicago New Member

State:
    Virginia
    On behalf of Chicago, I hereby apologize. :smile2::smile2:

14. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    might be different if someone from southern Illinois would get in office . I am thinking of selling out and moving out of state . If I do you can bet I am never coming back , till its time to get planted in the family plot next to mom and pops.....lol

15. Papa64

Papa64 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Where you thinking about moving to?? I hope some day I can move down around Glasgow, Ky.

16. crappieclint

crappieclint New Member

State:
    Rend lake, IL
    Durbin voted no to make english our national language. That says it all in my book.

17. Papa64

Papa64 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Niether one of them should have ever been allowed to hold an office in government in my HO.

18. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Just a couple more commies in a swimming pool full of them.
    You can always say ...well Illinois atleast contributed.

19. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    Everywhere we go we are under surveilance, our phones have tracking devices, we are monitored on our computers and now digital tv. Do you still think this is the land of the free? After these past 10 years, I'd like to charge all elected officials with being traitors. Can I say that? Or have we lost our freedom of speech also.

20. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Nows the time to do something about it... 11/10 on its way.. Most people are only concerned with who is prez, but they need to pay attention to the Senators, Reps, and Governors just as much, if not more ...