illinois river

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by catfishken, Apr 25, 2008.

1. catfishken

catfishken Member

State:
    Streator, Illin
    hey yall long time no see well i am back finally lol i missed you guys :big_smile: i was wondering if anyone knows how they are biting near ottawa or peru i was thinking bout going out sat after work well hopefully someone can help me out thanks

2. Graywolf

Graywolf New Member

State:
    Peru, IL.
    I was on the Illinois a couple of days ago in Ottawa and caught a 16lb. 9oz. Flathead. Also got a couple of channels. We were using cut shad and circle hooks.

Good luck to you.

3. catfishken

catfishken Member

State:
    Streator, Illin
    hey thanks for the info gary i appreciate it i am going to go out tonight to the illinois where the fox emties into it

4. Graywolf

Graywolf New Member

State:
    Peru, IL.
    Hope you have good luck Kenneth. If you are in a boat go up the Fox past the hospital up around the islands. It was high and running fast the other day. We had to use two anchors to hold the boat.

5. catfishken

catfishken Member

State:
    Streator, Illin
    well i was bank fishin i got there and realized i forgot my cast net so all i had was crawlers so i was a little irritated so i used crawlers had to use 3oz to keep it halfway still but the good part i got only one bite and it was a 7lb channel so i was pretty happy then lol but i am thinkin about trying it again next weekend

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Has any of you Il.folks ever fished down around Hardin,Il. around the bridge area. Looks like a good area when driving accross the bridge. Just kind of wandering how it would be. Of course I'd have to be bank fishing.

7. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC and welcome back its good to hear from you, I would like to welcome you to the site and there should be people on here that can help you out with your question, keep us posted on when you go out let us know how you do.

8. kevhead56

kevhead56 New Member

State:
    Greenfield, Il
    Hey MRR...at the right time of the spring the big blues are in there. You could bank fish some from the west side by the bridge. There is usually a big brush pile just north of the bridge between the bank and barge wall. Have caught some channels there. On down into town there are several places to bank fish also. Another spot to bank fish is at the Godar boat ramp or the boat ramp at Michael on north of there. Good luck.:wink: