Illinois River zzz

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by stickusmc, Jun 30, 2007.

1. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    well its 2 am just got back from the river only caught 3 channies biggest was about 12 inches the other 2 were big enough to put in an aquaruim. again caught a bunch of gar and drum. was using creek chubs night crawlers sonnys hoss's and baby shad. thinking i need to find a different spot on the river. spent a good 6 hoursout there. hopefully it picks up after the spawn if they are still spawning

2. Bigdan99

Bigdan99 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    My brother in law does a little commercial fishing and he thinks they are done spawing due that he ain't getting much in his nets either. But I really don't know though cause I know they are still eating something.

3. John(Bullhead)Hagen

John(Bullhead)Hagen New Member

State:
    ILLinois
    :confused2: Stick i dont know what is wrong but they are hitting to some degree every night.Are you still fishing down near Mapelton?This weekend try up at Shore Acres Park down from Chillicothe right on the river use stiff pole 18 inch leader and three ounce no roll sinkers.and creek chubs.If you dont get some we will meet at the river some time and go see if a tag team helps.I have never got skunked there.

4. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    i think this weekend we might try under the pekin bridge or around coon islan below banner marsh we'll see. i just cant believe it this is the worst ive done in a while

5. catfishingRon

catfishingRon New Member

State:
    Earlville, IL
    I fish the Ottawa Pool an the Illinois River and have done pretty good so far. The only thing I have been having troubles with is catching shad. I am going to try today, I will post the outcome.

6. barnold

barnold Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Last weekend we were fishing a tourney at Havana. The most fish were caught on cut bait fishing channel ledges along the main channel . Hope this helps.

7. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    hey yall, went this afternoon around coon island and the one down from it. caught a couple ofnice 2pounders and a mess of smaller ones finally no gar and one 5 pound drum. think i will try again tomorrow night. oh they was all caught on night crawlers

8. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    oh and i also had one of those moments that i will never forget, but wish i had a camera. i saw at least an 8 point buck jump in the river about 30 yards away from me and swim across the part i was fishing... oh yeah he was in velvet