Illinois river this weekend

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by IL Hunter, May 3, 2006.

1. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    After I get all my college stuff done for the week I will be pretty much home free. I plan on spending all weekend out on the river this weekend. I got a lot of new gear recently so hopefully I can catch a big one.

2. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    What kinda stuff did you get Tyler? Are you going to the river, or do you have a favorite lake? By all means tell us how big, how many, and the one that got away. I left a couple in the Mississippi up by Keithsburg, and one at "happy rock". I plan on visiting them again in June if the gas prices don't keep me out here. Have fun.
    Don

3. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I got another rod an reel....Abu Garcia 6000 and a berkley big game 7'6". I went out on the Illinois Yesterday by Valley city, and the fish weren't really biting. I think the water is too cold still, plus the river is way down from what it was last week. We only pulled one channel out and another got off the hook. Not very exciting stuff, but better than being at school.

4. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tyler, I would bet fishing is a lot more fun than school. A couple this time, a boat load the next... sometimes thats the way it works.