illinois river report

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by stickusmc, Jul 19, 2009.

1. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    Sunday afternoon was very productive. the only bait i had available was nightcrawlers so i wasnt expecting much. was out for 4 hours 4pm - 8pm

channel cats were the main hit caught 2 over 5 lbs 10 in the 1 to 2 lb range
    2 bullheads and 1 flathead i would say it was about 1 lb

i need to get some cut bait

2. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    Chris, where do you fish at on the Illinois? Been a few years since I've been on it. Used to fish at Morris quite a bit.
    Rat

3. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    sunday i was bank fishing below glasford by banner marsh

4. apfd82

apfd82 New Member

State:
    illinois
  5. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    I fish up the Fox about 1 mile from the Illinois and I've been catching some pretty big channels. I use carp cutbait on bottom but I wish I could get more flatties!

6. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    i went monday the same spot nothing big but did get into a mess of small channels all less than a pound. was thinking i might try one for a flathead do they work as bait?

7. boyd79

boyd79 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i,ve used them before. i got mine on a 2lb walleye. they will eat anything live.

8. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    Bullheads are more plentiful and work great too. We found a pond full of warmouth's about 4" long(stunted) and they are a tough little fish too. Buddy's catching flats in the mouth of the Sangamon every night on them. They do seem tougher then run of the mill bluegills.

9. John(Bullhead)Hagen

John(Bullhead)Hagen New Member

State:
    ILLinois
    Cut small Asian Carp, the big ones are to white of meat the little ones have more blood.Stick thought you got a boat last year or so.Are you still at CAT or are you layed off?We went up from Peoria Sunday from 3:00 till 9:00 PM and caught a cooler full then went back out to the same hole Monday early on river at 6:00 and off by 11:00AM. and did it again.dont know how many we caught but weighed the fillets and had 38# of meat

10. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    i was laid off for 4 months now we are on a 2 week summer shut down

yeah i got a boat but im still working on getting it river worthy right now i just use it on lakes and ponds that i know well