Illinois River @ Peru

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by Graywolf, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Graywolf

Graywolf New Member

State:
    Peru, IL.
    I have been hearing that his Saturday is going to be nice and warm. I called my 11 year old grandson last night and we are going to hit the Illinois here in Peru Saturday morning. I got a new cast net for my birthday last month and got to get it wet...:big_smile: and see if we catch anything.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Gary I've never fished the area you mentioned, but I will wish you good luck on your fishing trip. If you have a good day take some pics and give us a report.:lol: :big_smile:

3. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I am not sure where Peru is, but any time spent with your grandson is worth looking forward to. I hope you both catch plenty...but of course you hope the grandson does just a little better. Have fun.

4. Graywolf

Graywolf New Member

State:
    Peru, IL.
    What a great day. Jakes (my 11 year old grandson) and I went to the Illinois, tried to get shad. I threw the cast net for about an hour and NO SHAD!! :crazy: We had night crawlers so we used them. Jakes caught a 3 lb. Sheephead. He thought he had the world on a down hill pull. He also emptied out the cooler in eats and drinks. Wore me out :smile2: :smile2: and I am ready to go again.

Attached Files:

5. natefishing

natefishing New Member

State:
    missouri
    boys is the river up there or not , the misssouri river is way up and a levee broke last week good fishing boys full throttle boys