Illinois River from the bank

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by slikk03, Jul 15, 2007.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    we tried fishing the illinois from the bank, all i can say is it sucks the main channel was to far out and we couldent get any bluegill or shad, are there any lock and dams u can fish at night or are they all restricted

2. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I really cant help you with your question as Ive never fished the Illinois but I did want to ask where it was you fished? I was hoping to fish from the bank at Kampsville. Im interested to see what the responces will be to your post cause Id like to fish the river sometime. Good luck to you brother.

3. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    if you're around peoria there are some nice bank spots in the chillicothe area.

4. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i was just north of peoria, in a little small town that had an iccream place then u turn right and u fish in a kids park that borders the river,it sucks dont go there

5. xOZx

xOZx New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have only fished the kampsville/Hardin area from a boat. We put in up at the Godar/Diamond checkstation and fish mainly south of there. Used to get our fill of "eaters" up there. Never have targeted big cats on the IL.

There are some places along there that I reckon a fella could fish from the bank, even in town there as well.

6. kevhead56

kevhead56 New Member

State:
    Greenfield, Il
    Hey Swordsman...caught 10 in 2 hours 45 minutes south of Kampsville. Great shad numbers by ferry wall. Friends fished from bank on Greene county side Thurs. night and caught 18. The shell beds north of Kampsville are hot too!!!!:wink:
    Where you from? Greenfield here.

7. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    No Kevin, Im just outside of Palmyra. You in Greenfield? Thanks for the help. Let me know if you ever want some company at the river. Id love to go. Im not familiar with the area, maybe you could show me a few spots? Good luck to you brother.

8. kevhead56

kevhead56 New Member

State:
    Greenfield, Il
    Hey CatMan...I live on the Greenfield Lake. They been hookin' some good ones here but I haven't had any luck yet. Shrimp are the bait here. As for the river, you can go through Carrollton and fish right at the ferry landing on the Greene County side.

9. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the advice Kevin. Ive been wanting to go to the river for a while now, maybe now Ill give it a shot. Do you ever come over and fish Otter Lake or Terry park? Give me a shout sometime if you ever find yourself my way and want to join me or want some company at your end sometime... And welcome to the BOC!! Its nice to see someone from the same neck of the woods.

10. kevhead56

kevhead56 New Member

State:
    Greenfield, Il
    Trapped it years ago but never fished there. Heard the cats were biting on the north end a few weeks ago. Would like to do that some time.
    P.S Has got acquainted with the girl, http://cyberblady.com, how it to you? Only it is fair!

11. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yeah, I went out to Otter this last Monday night a caught a few nice channels on the north side on cut gill. Let me know if you ever want to hook up and fish it with me. I dont have a boat so itll have to be from the bank but oh well. If you wanna come over thatd be cool. I think Im gonna take the wife and kids to the Illinois on the Green county side this weekend, try it there by the ferry or where ever.

By the way, the link you put up didnt work.

12. kevhead56

kevhead56 New Member

State:
    Greenfield, Il
    Right across the river in Kampsville is a real good resturant...Louies. Great food. You could also fish on that side of the river. Theres a boat ramp and parking area just down from the food.

13. kevhead56

kevhead56 New Member

State:
    Greenfield, Il
    Hey Joe...lots of shad by ferry sea wall if you have a throw net. Son and I fished Tues. afternoon and evening...up till 10 PM. 1 Cat, 12 gar, 5 perch. Not a great day of catfishing but we were catching fish.:eek:oooh: