Illinois River fish!!

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by katcatchingfool, Sep 14, 2008.

1. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    My buddy talked me into fishing the Illinois River last night, we managed to put 3 channels and this thing in the boat. I have caught blues in that river before but nothing close to this. Before you ask I dont know how much it weighed its far from my personal best, but it is the largest catfish I have ever caught on the Illinois River!!!:smile2:

[​IMG]

2. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    nice blue,i would be satisfied with one half that big..:eek:oooh:

3. katcatchingfool

State:
    illinois
    I never thought in a million years I would catch anything like this. Good thing my buddy brought his camera, or nobody would beleive it.:roll_eyes: :smile2:

4. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Dude with that wooly beard and those red eyes you look like a SASQUAWCH holding a sardine HeHeHe just kidding that's a big fish for that sucky river good job.:cool2::smile2: I'll bet you caught that thing on SHRIMPPPPPP!!!!!

5. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Jason i think the Il. river has been reborn this year w/ all the flooding? Mat M. won the Browning tournamnent two weeks ago w/ around 50lbs total and took big fish w/ a 28lb blue. Rice, Farrow, McIntryre and some others that fish the IL. river tournament trail have been weighing in blues in the 10 to 20lb range all year. I guess thier migrating?

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Jason, nice fish regardless of where it came from:wink:

7. katcatchingfool

State:
    illinois

Justin, I would say this has been a strange year all together, I have caught many large blues in weird spots all year. Look at the Kaskaskia River, I have caught large Flatheads in that river before but never the Blues. This year we pounded the blues on that river and some nice one's at that.:confused2: The hot water discharge, IL. River, Kaskaskia river.:confused2:

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Great Fish Justin no matter where ya caught it. I have to agree with Justin though. With the sustained long high water mark the fish are sure showing up in some places where they arent normally located.

Great Catch and thanks for the photo.

You can email it to gatewaycats@yahoo.com for the slide show.

9. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Way to go Jason, nice fish buddy!

10. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    With the way the water levels have been this year, it is not suprising that the fish are acting a bit strange.:roll_eyes: Nice fish Jason.