Illinois River.Eagles

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by catfishingRon, Feb 9, 2007.

1. catfishingRon

catfishingRon New Member

State:
    Earlville, IL
    I was out today getting some pics. I will try and get some good ones of the river next time I go out. I did get a few good one of birds today and a couple of beer. Check out this one of an eagle:smile2: I got. If anyone wants more Ill post them Later

Attached Files:

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Keep on putting them up I love looking at the most beatiful bird in the country. Thanks for sharing them with us.

3. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ron, thats really a great shot, thats like catching a 40 lb flat head. I doesn't happen that much. Thanks for sharing.

4. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Its nice knowing we still have those beautiful birds in this country. Thanks for the pics

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ron thanks for sharing the Pics, The pics of the Eagle is very impressive. Beautiful bird. Keep posting thos pics they are very much appreciated.:big_smile:

6. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Great shots of the birds, Ron... I didn't see the pics of the beer though... or was it just a couple of yellow spots in the snow..?:lol:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.

7. whitewhiskers

whitewhiskers New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    early last year i was in Winona ill. there was a mated pair just down the road from my campsite they had 2 youngun's they were great to watch.

8. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    from what I hear and read there is a large population of bald eagles at pere marqete where we will be haveing catstock this year

9. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Thank you for the pics, I read there are 7000 nesting pairs, glad to see the turn around

10. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Yes, the wife and I take a trip down the Great River road to Pere Marquette looking at all the eagles and beautiful fall scenery. It certainly doesn't disappoint!

11. catfishingRon

catfishingRon New Member

State:
    Earlville, IL
    Here is one more pic of the eagles. If there is anyone in Illinois (around the Lasalle county area) that would allow me to go on there land or know someone who would allow it so I can take pictures of animals and such I would appreciate it.

Attached Files:

12. slimy

slimy New Member

State:
    Mattoon, Il
    I work for a tow boat company and we run the Illinois river .I counted 27 Eagles from Dresden Islend lock and dam to LaGrange lock and dam .Several pairs where hunting fish together on Peoria lake 6 birds in all over a 4 mile stretch .I even witnessed a Bald Eagle snatching up a duck off the ice .From what I hear winter is the best time to witness these great birds ..Slimy

13. Bigdan99

Bigdan99 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    those are some great pictures. It's not any better time to be out to take pictures. It's still a little cold to be out fishing yet for me. Good luck taking more pictures.