Illinois river camping

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by stickusmc, May 23, 2008.

1. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    I ll be out on the Ole Illinois River this weekend saturday thru sunday after noon. if youre on the river and happen to see a drunk guy on the bank below glasford stop by and sit a spell

2. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good luck to you Chris.

3. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Good Luck, hope the weather holds out for ya...

I'm hoping to load the boat up later this summer, find a nice sandbar on the sangamon, and spend a nite or two chasing flatheads.. You can find some pretty out of the way places on that little river via boat :wink:

4. John(Bullhead)Hagen

John(Bullhead)Hagen New Member

State:
    ILLinois
    Stick didnt you get a boat this spring.Also do you work for Cat and if so what building.I work in KK in East Peoria on the shaft line. ask anyone where i work and they will know.We got to get you off the bank and out on the river this year,i am going for the first time this year on Saturday but we go up to Chilli to put in and head up river but will hook up and fish your part maybe around Liverpool as they have a ramp.

5. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    hey bullhead

i work in the same bulding in the dpg area on 2nd shift

yes i did get a boat im just waiting on the seller to get me a new title for the trailer as she couldnt find the old one... hoping to be all legal by next weekend ill let ya know how that goes

as far as fishing goes this weekend i just want to hit the river over nite havent done so in a while

let yall know how it goes

6. John(Bullhead)Hagen

John(Bullhead)Hagen New Member

State:
    ILLinois
    I worked in DPG for years till all us lathe operators got sold out to a low cost provider.Worked with Ivan,Bill Heintz,Profesor,Ron John.Stop by when you come in i am right on the outside at the end closest to the door at 26C Good luck fishing and if you dont get a title you can get a new one from state.

7. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    not a bad trip in all nothing big except for the buffalo gnats. caught a lot of gar and a few channels. big fish was a 5.5 pond drum

used stinkbait, night crawlers and creek chubs

8. figure8jack

figure8jack New Member

State:
    illinois
    Just apply for a homemade trailer, its chaeper and faster.