Illinois pole limits

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by vegasryder, Oct 6, 2006.

1. vegasryder

vegasryder New Member

State:
    illinois
    I know its been posted here before but i couldnt find it.For anyone thats wondering what the pole limits are on the river...there is none except for the Missisippi(which is 2).So if you want to have more than 2 on the Fox,Rock,K3 and the smaller rivers,your safe from the DNR.The lakes on the other hand have the 2 pole limit on them.

2. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Most rod and reel limits are site specific. I always thought it was 2 rods and reels until I read the Illinois guide a little better.

The real key is 50 hooks. 50 hooks means you can have 50 poles with one hook, or 2 poles, 40 bank poles (marked correctly) and 8 jugs (marked correctly). Now, you can throw in a 25 hook trot line, and 15 bank poles, 2 rod and reels, and 8 jugs. Just don't use more than 50 hooks in any combination of the four.

As always, please be sure you know the rules and regulations of the place you are fishing pryor to going out.

Ray

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    no limit in ky as of yet

4. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    if you have to use more than one pole to catch a fish, then you're fishing in the wrong spot. that's my take on it. :smile2:

5. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    2 pole limit.
    And you have to buy an extra stamp to use that second pole.
    ~ That is why my wife has a 2 pole stamp as well. I'm good with 4 out..

6. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    You gotta try different baits! More poles help you do that efficently.

7. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    nah. i just always use the best bait first, lol.

seriously though, my luck's not too good. everytime i throw out more than one line, i'll get a hit on one, and as i'm reeling it in the other pole will get an even bigger bite on it. there have been times when I've had to hold one pole between my knees and reel the other one in with my hands. it's just not worth it.

8. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I DON't Know....
    That sounds pretty exciting to me... Landing a double is quite the feat, that is why it is good to bring a buddy; so he/she can help you out. Or, if your buddy is too busy with two cats on as well.... Then... I want to go fishing where ever you are fishing... :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:

9. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Just remember to put your name and address on all poles if you have more than 2.. The 1st 2 don't have to be labeled, but the rest do.. I got reminded the hard way while fishing the mississippi..:crazy:

10. gebs

gebs New Member

State:
    Illinois
    It's always better to be safe than sorry. I never have more than 2 lines in the water at one time and each line has no more than 2 hooks.

I always carry a backup or two for WHEN I snap a line on a snag or hook a tree. If you don't lose a line or two (or 5) on a snag per day, you're not fishing the right spot.

As for hitting a double, that's what rod holders are for. :big_smile:

11. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Yup, We have a 2 pole limit here too! Thats ok though, I can only watch 1 at a time anyway. If you need more that one pole then your probably in the wrong fishing hole anyway! LOL