Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you guys
Just wondering how many members are on here from Illinois and what river/ lakes you fish . I'm in the northern part of the state in McHenry County. I mostly fish the foxriver

·
Registered
191 Posts
Does Baldwin still have a 60hp limit? I have been told but have not confirmed Sam Dale Lake in northern Wayne County went from a 10 hp limit to a no wake rule. That makes more sense to me but I am not the DNR.
I haven't been on Baldwin in several years. Last l heard was trolling motor only. Gas motor to trailer only. I stopped going when they had the big fish die off. They used several tracks hoes and rail cars to clean it up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I live in the Joliet area but working right by the Fox River dock in Elgin next to the DMV. May bring a rod and reel and try for some Flatheads after work. I'll be heading down to Baldwin Lake in a couple weeks, haven't fished there in years. Sucks to hear they had a big fish die off. Wonder what caused that.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I live in the Joliet area but working right by the Fox River dock in Elgin next to the DMV. May bring a rod and reel and try for some Flatheads after work. I'll be heading down to Baldwin Lake in a couple weeks, haven't fished there in years. Sucks to hear they had a big fish die off. Wonder what caused that.
There are some good size flatheads there. Boat launch sucks but doable you should be able to catch some bluegills around the dock

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Illinois Michigan Canal is at Morris.
I have fished the Hennepin Canal many times through the years. It is over an hour drive west of Morris. I caught some nice channel cats in it.
I live in Seneca and fish the Illinois River for catfish a lot.
Have you had any luck in the Illinois River near you? The water is pretty low around here in Peoria

1 - 20 of 24 Posts