Illinois Hunting Regulations

Discussion in 'Bird Hunting' started by thegavel, Dec 13, 2006.

1. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    If anyone knows the hunting regulations for Illinois outside of the handbook please contact me.

I moved here a few months ago and kept everything I have (truck, license, insurance) registered in Iowa. Am I going to have to pay for an out of state license or an I a semi-citizen...

In short I was wondering what I needed to get a license here in my situation...

Outside of that... perhaps a hunting partner?

Happy Trails

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    I had the same issue when I moved to Missouri from VA. I showed the clerk a letter mailed to me at my new address and it was sufficient to get my Missouri license. Good luck.

3. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I would think you could get a license as long you can prove that you have a permanent residence in IL. What part of IL. are you in?

4. Crawdad

Crawdad New Member

State:
    Mid-Missouri
    hey Chris, I don't know anything about Ill regs, but wanted to let you know I grew up in Urbana & hunted around there on my relatives places till I was 40 or so (back in the stone ages). Now, with fall discing Central Illinois is like a dessert in the winter: no food, no cover, no birds.
    Last 4 years i've been going to Corning/Creston, IA. That may change now cause like Brad K, my ex-hunting partner was a user & a jerk & I told him to take a hike.
    What do you do on-line? I've been a programmer practically forever.