Illinois fishing reports?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by SubnetZero, Jun 8, 2006.

1. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Hope all the IL Brothers/Sisters have been slaying the kittys

Lets hear some of your local reports...

I've hit Lake Sangchris last two weekends, Daytime fishing. No flatheads found during the day. LOTS (couple dozen) of 3-5lbs channels and a couple 3-4lb bass caught on live bait though.. I found some really good looking spots for some nite time hunting im hoping to hit soon..

2. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I hear that the local lakes here in central ILL have water temps that turned the catfish on to spawn. Lake Glenn shoals is very good. I would imaine they all are. Anywhere you find rip rap banks are good.

We are going saturday nite. Will report back then.

3. Firecat41

Firecat41 New Member

State:
    Rockton, IL
    Monday had 3 fish over 10 lbs and and a few more over 5lbs out of the Rock River on Cut bait.

4. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    1 9lb'r and 1 8lb'r out of Pierce Lake in Rock Cut State Park in northern Illinois, and good success at Shabbona Lake. Hey rob! Where do you fish on the Rock River?

5. drcwaynem

drcwaynem New Member

State:
    Illinois
    8 channel 2-5 lbs on kaskaskia river today. 8 channel 3-8 lbs at carlyle lake by the rail road bridge (not the spillway) last weekend. going out tomorrow morning hoping to slay some more.

6. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Just a few small channels here so far.

7. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Got a big storm front moving into the area. Think I may go flathunting tonite and see if turns the bite on.. I'm hoping it will...

8. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    We went to Havana yesterday hit 3 really promising areas and had several good runs but never had a fish on.

Most of our hits where on dip bait, nothing wanted to hit worm which I thought was strange and I had a couple of hits each on live gill and cut gill.

I ended up with a sunburn and got to scope out some really good water during the day time and I would really like to go back there a night. I'm not much for fishing during full sun.

My fishing buddy almost had his first full on encounter with the bighead carp it came within about 6 inches of his face.

If anyone fishes this area and would like to offer up some spot and bait suggestion it would be greatly appreciated.

9. Firecat41

Firecat41 New Member

State:
    Rockton, IL
    I fish North of ROckford all the way to the state line.

10. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I was doing pretty well up until last week. Two weeks ago the males had their heads swollen all the way up, and now they aren't biting very well. I'll give em a few weeks.

11. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    my friend and i went out yesterday on the mississippi 5 fish one 3lb 6lb 12lb 20lb and one that weighd close to 40lbs all on cut skipjack ill try to post pics soon

12. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Went fishing last nite at glenn shaols one small cat, several bluegill. Got ran out by a big lightening and rain storm.

Went today in friends pond. Caught 5 bass, 2 channel cats, and to many bluegill to count.

the bass and cats were all caught on bluegill heads.

13. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Went to Mississippi River 2day... 4 gar .. 2 drum .. 1 channel cat, 3 1/2 lbs ... There slowly getting bigger ..

14. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I am going to hit Il clinton tomorrow. Who knows, maybe I can pick up a fish on my avator.:smile2:

15. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    Caught a nice load of channels here at the big pond on base. I pulled in 11 channels ranging from 2-5 lbs. I lost a nice one though, it was around a 7-8 lb channel. I had it right up to the dock we were fishing, attempted to pull it from the water and it broke my line. I was fishing with two other people, one landed a nice 5 lb channel. The other guy landed 3 channels, 1 about 2-3 lbs, the second was a 5.5 lb, and a nice 7 lb one. All and all it was a good night fishing, alot of bites tonight fishing from 6pm to 3am. They were biting really good on the liver mixed with garlic powder.

16. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    Glad to see someone is able to get out and fish...I am hoping I will be able to one of these days. If any of ya'll know me it is very strange that I have not even been close to going out yet. I hope to before I have to get the boat winterized again. LOL

17. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Darn, no fish for my avator, caught 3 cat fish, one carp and 2 perch. None of them worth cleaning... maybe next time.:smile2:

18. barnold

barnold Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    went out today on the Ill. I fished for 5 hrs and caught 6. Three were real little on Sonny's, one about 3lbs on sonny's and 2 at 8lbs on craydads. The big ones were a ball. not much on quanity today but quality made up for it.:lol:

19. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Been fishing Jim Edgar Panther Creek State Fish & Wildlife Area (aka site "M") and did real well about a week ago but since then not even a bite. Prairie Lake has nice eaters, 2-4 lbs. Drake Lake has average size of 2 lbs. Gridley Lake has them up to at least 20 lbs and 10 lbers are not uncommon. The farm pond also have some good ones. Haven't heard of any flatheads being cuaght but shoud be some in Prairie Lake. Gridley may have some also. Dip bait works well and bluegill heads will get the bigger ones.

20. mongesf

mongesf New Member

State:
    Beardstown, Illinois
    Hey Jim, do you fish from the bank at the lakes at "Site M", if so I sure could use some pointers about where to fish at for some good catfish. The wife and I have been fishing Mt Sterling lake with some luck. If you fish right off the dam, the catfish seem to be holding up there in a couple feet of water. They have been hitting on livers and crawlers.