Illinois 8 pointer

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by IL Hunter, Nov 24, 2006.

1. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I shot this deer on the first day of the Illinois Firearm season a week ago. He came walkign down the bottom of a hollow and gave me a perfect 63 yard broadside shot with my shotgun. He dropped on the spot. I also filled my antlerless tag 2 days later with a nice doe. I was also fortunate to shoot another doe earlier in the season with my bow. I still have one either sex tag left for archery but the deer aren't moving much during the day right now since they got shot at a lot last weekend. All that hunting hasnt left much time for posting.

Attached Files:

2. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Can barely see the pic, really small pic, but looks like a good one. Congrats still looking for a buck I want.

3. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats on the buck Tyler.Our muzzle loader season started today,Still looking for the right buck.Havnt seen alot,there pretty skidish since the rifle season ended.Again congrats on your buck.

4. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Congrats on the buck Tyler.

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'm going to have to repost the pic its really tiny I can't harldly make it out.

6. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Ok hopefully this attachment shows up a little bit bigger.

Attached Files:

7. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Nice buck Tyler, Congrats!:big_smile:

8. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Nice deer, congrats!
    Did you see the one I shot with my bow?

9. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I jsut checked it out thats a nice rack. It's got some neat lookign brow tines. You had to be excited when you stuck him. There are tons and tons of nice deer in this area. I feel blessed to be able to hunt here.

10. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Your right about that, I've never hunted there, but have heard a great deal about Ill hunting. I would love to hunt there, but finding a spot is the thing. I would LOVE to get somewhere near Pike Co. and can't afford those pay to hunt deals and would rather not kill one on a pay farm. A guy I work w/goes there every year and pays $2100 just for the week bow hunt, not including other expenses and license. Maybe one of these days I'll get a chance. I have a buddy that works for the railroad who wants to start hunting, hopefully he'll find me a spot. Anyway, nice deer, congrats.

11. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Yeah, I was really excited when I saw that arrow disappear into his side, and even more so when I found him laying there in all his glory!
    I too am very blessed!

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Nice looking buck. Your right there is some big deer in this part of the country. I know I hunted down in Cascanade County around Hermen,Mo many a year ago and they seemed awful small in that area. Anyway thats what the locols there told me .Around here and in your part of the country and up into Iowa they have some monstors out there in the woods. Congrads on your nice Buck.
    I

13. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL

I hunt in Pike County and there area a lot of good sized deer there. I'm just lucky that I have a family farm there that is about 800 acres. It's all just by chance. That land has been in my family for over 100 years. Long before it became the deer capitol of the country. I couldn't afford to pay all that to go deer hunting every year. I'm just glad I have a good spot. Before guns season it was nothing for me to see 20 deer a day, and on the opening day of firearm season I saw over 50 deer, a lot of them were too far away and on the run from being spooked though.

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on the nice buck Tyler!!!

15. BrianM

BrianM New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thats a really nice buck you got. Thanks for sharing the pic

16. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    If you ever need a hunting partner, let me know.LOL I'm sure you have enough family and freinds hunting on your farm, but if you know of a place I can go, please send me a PM. My railroad buddy lives within 100 miles of ya, but I can't seem to get him motivated enough to hook a brother up.