ILLINIOS GUYS

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by slikk03, Aug 27, 2008.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    I DONT KNOW IF ITS LACK OF SKILL OR ILLINOIS DOESENT HAVE THE FISH POPULATION AS YALL DOWN SOUTH, LOOK AT THE POST AND FORUMS, I MAY JUST BE A ROOKIE, BUT IVE BEEN A DIEHARD FOR THREE YEARS AND LEARND FROM ALL OF YOU GUYS, IM DOING IT ALL BY THE BOOK JUST DONT GET THE BITES MABEY I SHOULD TAKEW MORE CHANCES

2. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    it just takes persistens and a lot of dedication we all go thrue this gota catch a lot of smaller ones to get to the big ones just hange in thear and keep trying new things your day will come like the old saying good things come to thoes hoo wait just dont give up you cant tell me you dont have a good time trying right well thats a verry big part of it just have a good time and relax engoy the seenery im always taking in whats around me thats what its all about bro but i do know how you are feeling

3. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    Hey brother i have been a hard core catfisherman since i was a youngin and have tried several tactics and try to hit all the places that i think produce fish and have caught alot of fish doing this but they have never been flathead i have caught them here and there but this year has been the best yet it takes alot of scouting of the water you fish and take the time to fish all of these spots i have caught more flatties this year then i have channels which is very unusual for me last week i landed my pb of 12lbs and have fished this same hole all year my brother goes with me everytime i go and he has also been hittin them like crazy two weeks ago he caught his pb of 18lbs and have lost several biggins due to not playing them right it takes alot of practice and time to get flatheads but it all pays off in the end when you find the tactic that works best for you..also check out the thread in Ohio rivers that catfishrolo started its 5 things for begineer flathead catfisherman its a good thread even if your not a begineer lots of good info..hope this helps you and hope for more cats in your future...fish on brother!!

4. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Illinois has a good population of trophy cats. Fishing by the book may not always work. My PB flathead(#42) was caught by going against everything I thought I knew and by trying something different. Take chances, play around with the knowledge you have until you figure out what will work for you.

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    depends on the waters. i catch plenty of cats here in il. we have a good population. some better than others.

6. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    tricia is right what works for us may not work for you try diff things what may be od to some may just work for you exspearment