I'll trade you

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Who, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Who

Who New Member

State:
    Texas
    My weather for yours no matter what its like there.
    The wind is blowing at about 45 to 50mph and the sand is awfull but the temp is about 65.
    Want to trade?

Attached Files:

2. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sorry, I don't have a sinker mold that makes weights heavy enough to throw in that kind of wind. I'll just wait till it warms up here, it's starting to now.:cool2:

3. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Not sure I want to trade, but if anyone appreciates how ice makes the countryside look, I have some pretty good weather for you that I might be willing to trade as well.

Ya'll might not be able to leave the house, but it sure is pretty. And windy as heck saw a car blown off the icy road earlier...

4. Who

Who New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sorry but how do you make the photo's larger? On my computer they are regular size.

5. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    I run in to some of those dust storms while I was station in alamogrodo New mexico. It was a shock after living in south east texas.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Rick I'm willing to do some trading. (weather). Here in So. Illinois its 38 degrees,high winds and heavy rain. The lakes have just melted. I will trade you all of this for your warm weather and you pay the shipping charge.Thanks.:0a18: :0a1:

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well Rick you know what the old-timers say about west TX and the New Mexico plains .....If you don't like the weather ,just wait it'll change in about ten minets.lol when I got up at 5am it was snowin like crazy then by 8:00 it had stopped, and the wind was howlin, now nice and sunny but wind only about 20mph so we've had a free for all today and temps 55*

8. Who

Who New Member

State:
    Texas
    You can get away from the snow by going inside your home but it seems that no matter how tight you home is this dust and sand can get inside and if you do go out in it your covered in it.
    I went outside to check on the boat cover, came back in, took a wash rag to clean my face and when I finished the rag was brown.

9. Who

Who New Member

State:
    Texas
    Mickey I won't need to pay for shipping, just send it your way via wind mail.
    Well like reload said its gone now. Lots of downed branches in my yard but will take care of them tomorrow.
    Actually I think that New Mexico is trying to take over Texas.:tounge_out:
    Question, I give up why cant I cut and paste in the quote box. I can copy the text but when I try and put it between the quotes it won't let me?

10. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Rain changing to ice, then turning to snow tonight. 6-10 inches of all three combined forcasted for eastern Nebraska, western Iowa..............:oops:

Sure you want to trade???

Kenny

11. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Rick, When you hit the "quote" button, it automatically puts whatever you've highlighted in quote text, as above.

If you use "[ quote ] and [ /quote ]" on the front and back of what you want to quote, that works also,(no spaces inside the brackets).
    Hope it helps.

12. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey man! Just because you didn't like the wind didn't mean you had to send it up here. We're still trying to clean up from all the ice! LOL:confused2:

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Rick, I been there and done that for about 55 years so you can keep the sandstorms. :lol:

14. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I ditto that!! It's still blowin like mad out there and just the sound alone gets monotonous. Half expect to see cows flyin through the air any moment now :eek:oooh: This is definitely a hard-hat zone the past few days :lol:

15. Who

Who New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hay, just wanted to share New Mexico with the rest of ya'll. :lol: Today the wind is calm, no sand or dust, high low to mid 60's. You should of traded me, We need the snow,ice,rain....esp. the rain. We don't get nice showers most of the time all we get is big hard rains that just wash off and dont have time to soak in.
    Most of the lakes around here are very low and are used by several towns use them for water supply. No flowing rivers unless a couple of large lakes up north open up.
    So when your out there fishing in your nice BIG lakes and Big rivers, enjoy them and protect them. Some of us would trade places in a heart beat.:tounge_out:
    My brother in law (from Scott City,Kansas) just called. Snow is finally gone, water is filling the lakes up and they will start fishing for stripe bass next month. :sad2::wink: Love him to death but he sure knows how to rub salt into a open wound. :smile2:
    Rick

16. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I know about New Mexico, I love it there! I get to come up there now and then and love the northn part of the state. All I've got to do is the trout fishing though, would like to do some other fishing next time I'm there though.

As far as the wind here this week, I think it changed our zip code!:waaaht:
    Only here can it be a soaking rain all night, then as soon as the sun comes out, get a dust storm!

17. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

lol... yup, Vince - that's the truth! :lol:

But hey, the winds have finally simmered down around here, just in the past hour or so. What a relief! All that ruckus had everyone set on edge... especially the dogs, who are now snoozin all around my feet after such a long siege of bein "on duty".