Ill tell ya, Some boaters........

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by KatfishKyle, Jul 9, 2008.

1. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    This past weekend at Salt Fork we were fishing from the bank. Why do some boaters have to get sooo close to you when they have the WHOLE lake to go around :angry:. This is a re-accuring thing not just Salt Fork. I do know sometimes they have to stay toward deeper water. But a lot of places we fish are deep all the way across. Salt Fork is just really bad about this. I thought they were going to get into our lines they were that close. Some people must just not care or they are just a little dense. Just have to vent a little. Does anyone else have this happening to them? And im not saying all boaters do this, so I dont want anyone to take offence to this post! :wink:

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I know if I had a boat I would not be around the bank fishermen. I would be drifting or anchored somewhere. If I could I would stay as far away as possible. Ive seen stuff like that also and its pretty agravating to say the least.

3. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    TRY FISHING OUT OF A BOAT WHEN THEY DECIDE THE 20 FOOT IN FRONT OF YOU IS THE BEST PLACE TO SKI AND WAKEBOARD EVEN THOUGH IT IS SHALLOW AND FULL OF DEBRIS. THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED WHEN I WAS ANCHORED DOWN AT ROCKY FORK THE OTHER DAY.WE THOUGHT WE WAS FISHING IN THE OCEAN.

4. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    yep,same way at deer creek too.wasn't too long ago at rocky,a couple of months i believe,two dummies on jet skies hit head on in front of the north shore swimming area.

i had a boat come in close on me at deer creek,like 10 feet off the bank,he got my line in his prop,i just turned off the clicker and let him have all the 30 pound line off my 6500.it was so funny watching him try to get the line out of it.i just smiled and waved.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    This is very true. I have a good story for this. I was drift fishing from my boat on the Ohio river close to Ft Knox, Well the river down there is about 1/4 mile wide and at least 20 feet deep all the way across. Well the hole I was fishing was in an outerbend, so I was keeping to the deepest side (45-65 ft) and there was about 30 meters between me and the southern bank. To paint the picture: south side 30 meters, north side 300 meters. Here comes this bass boat cruising up the river. He does not slow down and determines that the south side (30 meters) is the side he is going on. So I begin the mad line retrieval before he gets into my lines. He has his wife/girlfriend with him. She is just riding along and waves to me. I don't wave back and give her the What the F*&K look and then she flips me the bird. I'm sorry that I didn't wave, but how dumb can some people be!

6. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    i always keep extra line.that way,if i loose it due to some dumb boater,or it just needs replaced,i have the line to do it.

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Hey there Hunted, you are up kind of late. Been out fishing?

8. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    nah,i get home from work about 1:30 usually.getting ready to get my butt in bed,though.gonna head to the lake this weekend,if it doesn't rain like it has been and flooding everything out again

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Same here I have a spool of extra I just laugh a little and hope that his engine siezes with all of that line wrapped around the prop shaft.

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Ya ain't gonna change it. I've said it many times and I'll say it again. Vast majority of humans suck! LOL!

There is one solid solution to the problem. I take advantage of it because with my job I can.

DON"T FISH ON WEEKENDS

I am fortunate enough that I can take days off durein the week. Gotta luv the railroad.:wink:

11. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    i have hd the same problems with some boaters bass tourney folks are the worst but i have also had bank fisher folks do the same they park on the boat ramp and throw their lines out, now how am i supposed to get my trailer down the ramp or load my boat i'll tell ya go straight at em with the boat and back down the ramp hopin you dont skin your trailer up too bad on their car. yeeehaaa I mean come on if there are 20 trailers in the parking lot someone is bound to want to put their boat up

12. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Cant disagree with you there Ted I stay away from the ramps if possible. If I am near a ramp I try to cast away from it.

13. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    I fish near Salt Fork Marina but very late at night and I cast away from the ramps. I have seen people trying to launch boats have to ask people to move off the ramp so they can get in, its a little rediculus at times.

14. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    i try to stay off ramps,bt ill fish beside of em.i do better catching shad at ramps than i usually do fish anyway.