ill. river report

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by boyd79, Aug 3, 2009.

1. boyd79

boyd79 New Member

State:
    illinois
    got too pekin ramp at 7pm. left at 3am with 20 cats. it was slow at first cuase my grandpa and cuzin wouldn,t listen too me. i read on here last week about this guys catching cats on cut asian carp. after 3 hours and 1 fish on shrip, i finaly got one too jump in the boat cut it up and bolth poles took off at the same time. long story short we got 19 more. had a blast!! thank for the info. on here guys. this is the best web. sight on here.:big_smile::big_smile::smile2:

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Chris thanks for sharing the bait info. Congrats on a good number of cats. WTG.

3. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Glad to hear those stinkin' things are good for somethin'!! Thanks for the report

4. John(Bullhead)Hagen

John(Bullhead)Hagen New Member

State:
    ILLinois
    I was a hard core Chub man till this year, small asian carp fillets are out doing them three to one.We still take about a dozen live chubs with us but have been bringing home about six or so because the carp keep out doing them.Shad have been picking up a few also.I would break it down like this 70% Carp 20% Chub 10% Shad and we go alot.here in the IL river.

5. boyd79

boyd79 New Member

State:
    illinois
    john, it was your post i read be for i went, about the carp. thank you. it would have been a slow night.

6. zac

zac New Member

State:
    peoria area illinois
    ? how do you catch Asian carp

7. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    Yep thats my number 1 bait. Insted of looking for shad I go straight to the swirling eddies and throw a cast net to get a carp.. The stuff stinks but works better and is more abundant than any other fish I can catch...Nice to hear someone else but me is using it... :big_smile: Maybe more people can start using it and get rid of a couple anyways!

8. tking

tking New Member

State:
    illinois
    where and how can i catch asian carp

9. boyd79

boyd79 New Member

State:
    illinois
    any were on the ill. river in shallow water. u can snaggum at spillways too, i just use a cast net.