IL Flathead record broken last nite

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by SubnetZero, Apr 20, 2008.

1. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Got a call today from a fishing partner of mine. An acquaintance of ours supposedly caught an (unofficial) 82lbr last nite... DNR closed today, so they have it in a live tank and are waiting to get it certified and then will release it... Fish was 50" long with an incredible 37"!!!!!! girth (WOW) . Hope it officially weighs out for him, would be great to have someone I know hold it..

Also, sorry I cant provide any details (water, bait, time, etc etc).. I heard it second hand (VERY reliable source), and would rather not give out any info out of respect to the fisherman that caught it.. If I get a chance to speak with him, I'll try to get the OK to share any info I can...

2. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    wow Tim thats a big flattie . tell your buddy congrats from Pa. thanks for telling us about it , i love hearing about big flatheads it gets me wound up to go fishin.

3. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    keep us posted ...thank's in advance

4. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    awesome, is ur friend a member? if not he needs to be!

5. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    That is one large flathead! Whoa! I got my butt kicked all this weekend fishing! All I got was a sunburn!

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is quite a fish. Can't wait until it is official and your pal holds the record.

7. Migrator83

Migrator83 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Hope he gets it, good luck!!!!

8. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Sounds like it should have no problem making it, as far as info don't worry the state will provide all that you need :eek:oooh: One other thing, if you ever get a fish that is pushing record status, call the 800 hot-line number(same one for reporting) and they will have an official where-ever your at usually with in an hour, no matter what day or time, they will come and do the verification.

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya i believe 78 was record. carlyle lake. ya i checked. 8-11-95 78lbs 0 ozes.

10. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Well, DNR didn't get out there until late last nite.. Fish weighed 76.54lbs:sad2:
    The day before, they got ahold of a local tourney director and weighed it on his scale and it was 81.6 or something...

11. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Wow.. I should write down the numbers to call in the event that I catch one on accident. LOL

12. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    That would be some mighty large bait, Brian! :smile2::wink:

13. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    My father is even calling me his Bait B****. He can't catch them either. I am getting tired of you freeloaders :tounge_out:

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    there can be some variation on scales but 4.5 lbs. i dont think he could have lost that much in a day or two. thats 1/10th his weight. sounds like the tourny guys beef there weights up,lol.

15. TccaAl

TccaAl New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would think that it could be possible for this fish to have lost at least some of the initial weight. I say this because I caught a blue cat on Lake Wilson in Alabama at a King Kat tournament. We weighed it on our portable scale and it weighed just under 42 pounds. We then placed it in a livewell by itself. At the weigh in I noticed that there were six shad in the livewell that were about 10 inches long. Hence, the fish had puked up these shad. When weighed on the tournament scale the fish weighed 39.65 pounds. So, I would tend to believe that the fish could have lost enough weight to not make the state record as the fish I caught lost roughly two pounds in 6 hours and this fish had a whole day to stress and lose weight. Just my thoughts.

16. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thats a really nice cat!!! Congrats to who caught it!!!:wink::big_smile:

17. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well the fish weighed 81.5 pounds when he caught it. Willie of TeamWhiskers weighed it Sunday at 78.54 pounds. By the time he could get it certified by DNR it was only 76.5 pounds.

18. bigheck

bigheck New Member

State:
    kansas
    Either way great fish:big_smile:

19. john103

john103 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Nice one. Any pics?

20. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    i was hopeing he would of got the record,i bet hes a pretty fish regardless.he gets a nice job from me.:big_smile: