ike blows threw

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by poisonpits, Sep 14, 2008.

1. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    well guys and gals me and mine made it threw ike ok.had wind and lots of rain but cant find any thang that didnt make it threw the night.
    heres hopeing all of you made it threw with out any real damage or bad losses.

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Got some wind some rain but the power stayed on this time,Thank God!

3. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    It got pretty dang hairy here last night, house was breathing, Nuts from the trees hittin it, Tons of rain, Lost power, didnt get phone back until about an hour ago and I had to remove downed trees from the drive. other than loosing tree's everything else is alright. These werent saplins either, full grown. My boat is full of leaves and nuts. at least it was still there :smile2:

4. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    we only got 2 1/2" of rain but we lost our power for 25 hours. wind was pretty bad. the newspaper today said we had gusts to 53 mph before the airport lost power and couldnt monitor wind speeds.

5. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    We had some downed trees and big limbs across the roads but we never lost power.

Me and the wife went and spent the evening out. We went out and ate at EL Chico's and then we went and visited with my grand daughter and then we went to Wal Mart.

Hey Johnnie I got a new knife sharpener :wink: As if I really needed another one :smile2:

6. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    I wasn't so lucky with that stinking hurricane. Ofcourse anyone who lost their homes or had damage in that area is a lot more important than what happened to me.
    But, I keep my flatbottom boat at my parents in Greers Ferry, and had my Ranger bass boat there too this past weekend. Well, around 3:30am Sunday morning, a huge pine tree was uprooted, fell and missed my Ranger, but got the front of my flatbottom boat pretty bad on the bow. It smashed in the front right part. I don't know if I will be able to pound it back into shape or not. I usually don't keep my bass boat there, but it just happened to be there too. Atleast the tree missed it by about 6 feet and only hit the aluminum boat. It still looks like a boat, but only because it is still green. I guess I will get a block and sledge hammer and start working on it soon.
    Hope nobody else had any boat damage.
    ccat

7. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Sorry to hear of the damage to your boat, I was worried about mine also as I have to leave it on top of the Mountain as I live on the side and its to hard to haul it up and down. I figured the high winds would at least flip it over or a tree would fall on it. I was lucky in both aspects as all it did was fill it full of leaves and Hickory nuts. Sure hope you can pound out the damage. :cross:

8. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Sorry to hear about your jon boat Chris. Hope ya can fix it enough to still use it.

9. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    well, we lost power all the way up here in Pennsylvania...

hurricanes are spose to be just a problem for the south , aren't they???:eek:oooh:

The scope and reach of that storm was incredible, Hopefully it will be along time before we see a storm of that magnitude...

10. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Well im glad to see that everyone made it through this storm ok, we never lost power but did lose some sideing on the back of the house. but nothing to seriouse. Now my dad in galvestion texas was not as lucky. Where he lives is on crystal beach community . and there they cannot have nothing to permanent . What his place was ,was a 42 ' long fithwheel camper with a deck all around the home. real nice place for a single man. Well the deck is gone and he had 4' of water throughout the place , so pretty much the adjuster said it was a total loss but he was safe and well, and it can be replaced but a life cannot , and thats all that is important to me. All of you that offerd help and your support for my father in chat when we were talking , thank you for all your kindness and just being there for my father if need be. I am very honored to be a part of this family we call the BOC and i am here for any and all of you if and when i can.............................................Robert tallman

11. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    hey man, if it came off the back of the house wouldn't u call it backing:confused2:

12. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Booneville kept getting forecasted for a heavy-hit:eek:oooh:they were wrong for once.....Baitboat said he got some wind & water damage to his house that cost him $$$$...sorry for everyones losses....

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I hadn't seen this thread until now. I'd posted here about our experience with Ike.

We were lucky, I don't think our house damage will exceed the $1000 deductible by much if any. But I think we may have aged a few years while Ike was passing through. :smile2:

We only got an inch rain but it still put some in my boat and I had it raised as high as I could get it under the boat dock roof.

We have some kin that live near Beaumont, Texas that got hit pretty hard, they just recently got power. They lost everything but their lives in the Katrina hurricane.

14. CntryCrazy

CntryCrazy New Member

State:
    Pine Bluff, Arkansas
    Storm did us some good, not much rain like the previous one did. Power outages, mainly north Arkansas. Rain we got was well deserved for fall garden and fishing is getting better around Fordyce. Here in Pine Bluff, haven't been on river in awhile but will soon, just so busy with gardening and work and getting ready for bow season. Seems like we all made it thru the storms ok. I;m sure there is plenty of firewood available this year. Just hope there was not to many insurance adjusters out there telling us we have the wrong policy:crazy: Take care everyone and enjoy the best time of the year for some big cats starting to bite.