IGFA approves world-record tying largemouth from Japan

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by Capt Steve, Jan 10, 2010.

1. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    with all of the breeding programs going on here in the states trying to break the world record and then someplace like japan coming up with a fish like that is just amazing.

2. The_Black_Cat

The_Black_Cat New Member

State:
    Texas
    That's a Big Flippin' Bass!!!! :Shocked: I wonder if killed it, I would have gave it to the Share Lunker Program.

3. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    thats crazy, however i have a feeling that the next world record will come out of california after watching a TV program on some guys that have been chasing it out there.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Lucky Craft lures are japan made, 15-16 bux a pop. Stands to reason they have the biggest fish too. Make me wonder was it caught on a LC bait or gary yamamoto's stuff.

5. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    This fish was caught almost 9 months ago, IGFA wanted to be absolutely certain of its validity as it was certain to create a uproar with its membership and with Bass organizations in the US. It has, locally B.A.S.S members are trying to get a pettiion together to send to B.A.S.S H.Q to emove sponsorship to IGFA. Several Members I personally know are not going to renew their IGFA memberships and may not renew the B.A.S.S memberships if nothing is done.
    Personally this news makes me happy as I detest B.A.S.S and other bass fishing organizations. all I can say is Ha Ha sombody in a foreign country has just spat in your faces. How do you feel now knowing that a fish that is considered an invasive species in most countries has tied your golden record.Maybe you should hang it up. Just my honest personal opinion:victory::victory::victory::laugh1:

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Lends one to think you don't like bass fishermen. I see that alot on this site and take it with a grain of salt. By the way, do any catfish tourneys have a payout like the Classic or FLW? Someday, surely