If you're a Texan by birth or a Texan by heart

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by olefin, Sep 25, 2006.

1. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've already voted for "Don't Mess With Texas"... I though maybe some more would like to do the same. :wink:

The Texas Highway Department's anti-litter slogan "Don't Mess With Texas" has been nominated for a very prestigious advertising award. If it were to win, a Bronze Plaque would be placed on Madison Avenue's "Advertising Walk of Fame" in New York City and would also get a permanent place at the Advertising Icon Museum in Kansas City .

Please go HERE and vote!

The competition is tough, like "Got Milk?" "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas"; "The breakfast of Champions"; and others; so please vote before September 29, 2006 and tell your fellow Texans to do likewise.

Wouldn't it be cool for New Yorkers to have to walk past a Bronze Plaque every day that said, "DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS"?

P.S. Please pass this on to all of your Texas friends!! This is a matter of "Texas Pride"! We can win this if everybody forwards the link to their friends, and they vote. Do it now.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I pretty much tolerate Texans and things from Texas...but in my opinion that was the best slogan out there. Gave it may vote. LOL

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Ok, I voted for Texas

4. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Just put my vote in.

5. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    just got mine in

6. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    I am Texan born and raised and have to admit, some of us are a little difficult to tolerate but there are a lot of really good people here. Thanks for the vote. OK is agreat state also.

Jim

7. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Got my vote in .

8. dademoss

dademoss New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I voted! Of course I am qualified, I was born in Texas:lol:

9. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Got my vote in for Texas. I wasn't born here but I've lived here for over 25 years so I consider it my home. :big_smile: :big_smile:

10. mch4fishing

mch4fishing New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Yes some of us Texans are a little. Naw Just cant say anything bad about the state I fought so hard to get to. Love It Thru and Thru. Wouldent change a thing about it.
    Yes Sir, My vote is in TEXAS:big_smile:

11. Mr. Rooster

Mr. Rooster New Member

State:
    Hurst, Texas
    I am a texan by heart. I wasn't born here, but I have lived here for 15 years, and wouldn't consider leaving. Texas get's my vote on everything except the cowboys, still lean towards my chargers... All kidding aside, Texas is a great place to call home...

12. catnhat

catnhat New Member

State:
    holliday texas
    knox county out in west texas born n bread . heres my vote

13. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I went to vote but I ws to late The Texas slogan had already won.