if you won the lottery...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by thomcat, Sep 15, 2006.

1. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    if you won the lottery today,, what would you do tommorow?????????
    me, id move and retire in a country where our money is twice theirs
    <:))XX(<

2. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I would buy a new boat, a new truck, and i would prolly move somewhere on a big river somewhere, either the Ohio, Mississippi, or the Tennessee...That would just be GREAT!!!!!!

3. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    first thing i would do is hide the ticket from the wife

4. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

LOL.....Good Idea

5. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Make my dad retire. Send him and ma on a long cruise, move all of their belongings into a brand new house. And then wait for them to come home and sit outside in a van with dark tinted windows. That way I could watch their expressions when they discover their house is totally empty. And then spring it on them.......

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Buy a little place on the lake and fish nearly everyday. Move the misses grandma in with us and let her spend the rest of her life there. Get her to finish her vet's schooling and set up an animal shelter.

7. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'd finish school and get a job doing something I liked and that let me hunt and fish alot. Maybe something part time. I would have to spend some, but I wouldn't want to blow a big win on junk.

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I would pay call into work tell them that Im not comming in anymore depending on how much. I would pay off everything (given that this is a substancial amount of say 50mil or more). After getting my new house car, truck, boats (different boats for fishing ie small boat and biggun), motorcycles (cruiser and speedster) 4 wheelers LOL. After all that is said and done I would pay off all of my brothers and sisters and inlaws bills or houses. I would donate to probably the American Diabetes Assoc (My Dad had it and my Mother in Law). Then after that I would get one of the most powerfull servers that is made and a backup and donate to the BOC. Then I would do nothing but fish or whatever I wanted (love to take flying lessons).

9. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Well If I Won The Lottery, I'd Have To Give Some Of The Money To The Local Charities So That The Folks That Are Less Fortunate Will Have A Little Something To Smile About. Then I Would Set Up College Funds For My Three Kids,then Buy A Large Plot Of Land And A Build A Fishing Pond For My Closest Friends And Family To Share.

10. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    If I won the lottery I'd have to go to watch'n my back, cause I'd be worth kill'n, my wife keeps tell'n me now that I ain't worth kill'n, so if I won the lottery I'd probably be in trouble.

11. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    with u on that Benji open up a animal shelter after doing usual house,boat,truck then invest the rest were its still making me money

12. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    everything you said except the diabetes sorry , kosair childrens hospital would be better used .

oh and live on the water mostly

13. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I would pay off my brother's and mother's place, I would buy 100 acres of land in the country, buy a nice 20 acre spot on the Mississippi river, let my inlaws move on to the 100 acre spot and last but not least I would marry April at Graceland and honeymoon in Hawaii.

14. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I would get my mother and brother out of debt and take care of them financially. I would open a recreation center for less fortunate children where everything is no charge to them. Then I would take care of my wife and kids for the rest of our lives.

15. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Pull all of my immediate family in to one room. I would tell them to bring all of their verifiable debt in documented. I would have my lawyer make it leagal and pay off all of their debt. Once that was over I would have a cook out and tell each of them that they have a fresh start and that is all they were getting out of me.

My boys would have the finest education and the wife and I would buy a lake and build a cabin on it. My church would get 10% and I would give out some scholarships to deserving kids. By then I would be broke and go back to work!

MAJ D :lol:

16. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I would buy some new sinkers and fishing line

17. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I would spend most of it on fishin, women and booze and waste the rest, LOL. :lol:

18. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Thats gotta be the most honest answer so far! :lol:

19. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Anything I wanted too!..LOL Probably just help people that really needed it not just big organizations but the actual people.
    I came from a really poor household and know first hand what it is like to go hungry. I wouldn't want that for anyone. I remember going to school with only one shoe and sock cause my step-dad threw it at my mom while they were fighting (drunk)n' I was afraid to go an get it; and the school nurse sent me to hospital cause I had a broken nose and jaw from him hitting me for taking sides with my Mom.. So thats just one of MANY, MANY incidents that come from alcohol and neglect. I raised myself mostly and have been hungry to the point of educating myself on edible plants... I was a desperate 9 year old and will give the shirt off my back to help a seriously needy family. Sorry for the long windedness of this post.

20. pursuing_cats

pursuing_cats New Member

State:
    Clarksville,Tennessee
    First, I would find a trusty Lawyer(if there is such a thing) and a Good CPA to help manage my accounts. Then as stated before (Gather up the families) and explain that they will be debt free and that is all they are gonna get so manage their money wisely, because they are not getting anymore. Private school for my kids. An awesome Honeymoon for me and the wife (never had one). Pay off all my bills and start buying toys and alot of land. Donate to the church and chairities. Invest alot so my kids and theirs will not have to worry about struggling in their lives. Donate alot to the BOC so Paul can upgrade the system and keep it running for generations to come. If its alot of money 150 mil or more I would set up a gathering and defray the cost for all the members to gather and have a good time.