If You Won The Lottery, What Would You Do?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Dreadnaught, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I can tell you this, My family wouldn't want for anything.

I would take it in payments not all at once. Take out enough to buy a new boat, house, and truck, and invest the rest. Make it earn me money so I don't have to work so hard in my retirment. This way I will work because I want to, not because I have to.

2. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Well, I have thought about it alot and I just don't need that much money. In fact some of those amounts just plain scare me. I would take the lump sum and give it all away to friends and family and keep maybe a million at most to myself. Actually I would be far happier with just a $100,000. That would probably be the ideal amount for me. Just enough to pay off a decent house and all of the bills and get me a boat.

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    JW, I am with you, the family would come first. I then would help the church. The B.O.C. would not have to worry about operating expensive!!

4. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    I would pay off every debt that I had. Buy two new vechicles. I would also buy a house, bu tno tpay it all the way off. Pay most of it off and accept a small payment for tax purposes. Then I would invest a couple of million in something like a savings account or a CD. I would live off the interest and leave the principal alone that would be passed to my childeren. I would also disperse enough to my immeadiate family.

-Brian

5. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Jeremy, I'm with you. Just told someone in chat the other day that I always hope for 100 grand...just enough to set me and my family up, so we wouldn't have to struggle with bills. I figure if I'm not greedy, then maybe I have a better chance of winning. ;)

Now, if I were to hit a million-dollar lottery...
    Land, hopefully lake front, or with a nice stream or pond or a little lake of my own it, dream house on the land, Audi for me, whichever truck hubby wants, boat, ATV's or dirtbikes for all the kids. Dream vacation for my entire family (grandparents, aunts, uncles). Pay off my Pap's house for him, pay off my parents whatever for them, trust funds for my kids, college for my littlest sister, house for my other sister and brother-in-law, grants to several charities, and I would help as many poor families in my area get something that would make their life easier...

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey J. W.,

I will be able to do "ANYTHING I WANT" - lol :happy: !

No....But really me & my family will be ok --- For a long, long, long time. :D

And "That's the way that it should be. " :)

I also agree with everything that you said "Word for Word"

Take it easy Buddy,
    Bert :cool:

7. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    new truck for me retire my old one it has 75k on it now new car for the wife new house and a boat move next to new malones lake there is no one left on either side of our familys so id invest and then help out the poor in my area. also have a friend that has always wanted a boat id give em my bassboat i have now. since he loves that old thing so much lol

8. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I'm with Bert, any thing I wanted to LOL. :cool:

9. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    after heloping out my family that have helped me over the years, I'd buy the materials to finish my boat. Then I'd look to the 2 or 3 REAL friends I have and they would never want for anything ever again.
    It'd be a lump sum payment for me since if I was to die, you can't will the remainer to anyone, the state keeps it.
    Then, there'd be one cookout that this state has never ever seen.

10. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    First, my family and myself would be set for life. I would make some investments and live off of that and interest. Maybe even start my own bussiness. The rest would be donated to a childrens hospital, cancer research and of cousre the BOC.

11. quadman

quadman New Member

State:
    Danville, Virginia
    My family and close friends would be set for life! I'd help out here ofcourse and in other areas that I am involved with.

12. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    First thing I would do is hire me a good tax attorny and an investment professional. I would sit them down at the table and tell them, "You are either with me or against me." After that I would square away my family and some friends and dissapear from the face of the earth. LOL! You won't find me,I'll find you. LOL!

13. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    the first thing i would do, lol is go throw all my tools at an old bosses truck that treats all his employees like dirt. :D after i payed my fine for this i would donate $10,000 to the b.o.c. and start figuring out what i would do for my family and friends.

14. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    I'd bet it's amazing how popular a guy that stumbles into a multi million dollar windfall can get. You'd be seeing old "friends" and relatives that you hadn't seen in years. That's what would bother me about winning a bunch of money. Sometimes I think that it's almost worth it to not win the money just so's I don't have to see the people that would show up on my doorstep! It's also a helluva lot easier to not win the lottery anyway. :D

15. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    OMG, wining the biggest bingo pot ever. The 45 MILLION dollar lotto. Paaaaaarty time. Come one come all to the greatest camping, fishing, fire building, BBQ outdoor BOC gathering on Earth. All expenses paid for every member. . LOL. Would have to have a good time to celebrate the win. then down to business. LOL.

I would do most of all the above that you guys/gals has mention. I too would take it all at once for Keith's reason's. I would help out my family and friends for sure and non of us would ever hurt for our needs. I would not spend like crazy buying more things than I could keep up with are enjoy.
    That is like a kid getting a truck load of presents on Xmas day. Too much to enjoy it are even learn from it.

The remainder would go to helping kids in America. First, do my best to stop child abuse Help kids in need of health care, food, cloths, education and laws passed and enforce to help protect and raise kids for tomorrow's America. That is something I dream about doing to make a better America.

I'm going to buy a ticket . LOL. I have only bought maybe 10 lotto tickets in the past 15 years. And very few instance winner tickets. I buy instance winners, which always aint instance winners, for fun at Xmas time. We all get 5 at $1. a piece. LOL.

BG, me too, I would find them and they would not find me.

16. quadman

quadman New Member

State:
    Danville, Virginia
    George, I would go see a lawyer and financial advisor before I ever went to recieve the money. I know two people who have won the lottery here and they wish a million times over they had done that first. Theres alot of things you can do as far as who and how you sign to recieve the money.

17. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I would buy a farm to raise my chickens on then I would buy a big new 4X4 truck and then I would get married to my Fiance at Graceland. Also I would buy a big ole Catfishin Boat and get a custome made fishin pole.

18. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    The First thing I would do is take it all at once then give 30 percent to my church, then I would buy a new house, nice boat, MY OWN LAKE pay off my mom and dad house and my father in law house,cars, then buy me a house over in englad then do me WELLS CATFISHING :D and then put the rest away in a bank account and start doind whatever I wanted :D

19. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    payoff and sell the house and buy a slightly larger house in the country witha

nice sized spring fed pond.

help family get their mortgages payed off and i too would want a lump sum as kieth mentioned for that very reason mentioned.

i feel like ive worked too long like a dog so i would want to call in sick so many times in a row that they finally said they were going to have to let me go.
    i would beg for one more chance and after not showing up again if they fired me i would tell them they can keep the check to wipe their hiney with LOL

id start my own business that was something enjoyable .
    i'd set aside enough for the boys to get a good college or tech vocation education.

and since i havent had a real vacation in over 16 years i would take a nice cross country trip somewhere and not have to worry about getting back in time or running low on money.

i would give to a charity of my choice but charity starts in the home.
    call it greedy or not but thats what i would think i would do.

20. abilene

abilene New Member

State:
    abilene, tx
    I'd buy a new rod and reel.