If You Seen One You Seen Them ALL

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ace, May 17, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    If you have seen one big catfish you seen them all.They all look alike.I hear people talk about the big fish they catch but they never talk about the small ones.People do still catch small cat don't they?I guess the small ones don't count! or they are not big enough to brag about.I will tell you some one that is proud of the small fish.Ask any young boy or girl.Why do thing have to be big to qualify?Why can't people go fishing be happy with what the good Lord blesses them with.When I go fishing I go fishing. I am happy just to be on the water.If I catch big or little fish it's ok.Hope there are others that feel the same way as I do.There is no better fish than the 8 inch salt and pepper catfish.

:big_smile_2:

:cat:

2. pescador

pescador New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i like your thinking ace but u know it is really sweet when u hook into that big one and i also agree because i would rather catch some small little channels than nothing :big_smile:

3. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    When I was a young lad, I fished for channel cat mostly. Most of my fishing has been for panfish. Never in my life have I caught anything bigger than 3-4 lbs, except maybe a carp or two. I'm looking forward to maybe improving my record now that I'm older. Who better to learn from than the good people on the BOC.

4. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    All I ever catch are little ones, but that's ok. I enjoy every one!

5. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    There's one thing for sure brother, I've caught more littlens , than bigguns and I brag about all-of-them........ I just like to fish.......:big_smile: :big_smile: :lol: .......

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    My problem is my eyes are so bad, if I don't get a big one, I may not even notice I caught a fish. That's bad.

7. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    I love to catch that little "shaker" channel cat. He proves we are doing the right thing..CPR. Not much bigger than the hook he's caught on, barking up a storm, ten times more likely to get horned by, magnificent speckled little wonder. Yea I'll throw a few of them back, just for the fun of it.:0a24: :happy: :0a27:
    Don

8. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    I AGREE WITH THE BEING OUTDOORS DOIN SOMETHING YOU TRULEY ENJOY DOING IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT!!!!!!!!

i would love to land a bigger fish though like a 30 or 40 pounder !!!
    but i still love catching the smaller sized ones that a always have caught.
    there still very fun to catch and good eatin too, when we keep some!

the neatest looking catfish i ever caught was in kentucky at the
    dam
    it was a pretty mottled dark brown with pepper speckled belly
    about a 4 lb fish

my P.B. is a 8-9 lb channel.
    maybe this year my luck will change !!!!

9. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Amen.
    Bream fishing is the most fun I ever had. :big_smile:
    I fish mainly for fishing, eating and the small ones are the best. Even the best to CPR.

10. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you are so right! sure, big cats are fun to catch but i also enjoy chasin 5lb channels just as well. if you enjoy what your doing then thats all that matters no matter the size. one of my guilty pleasures is wading creeks fishing for big creek chubs. sure, im gathering bait but i beleive i enjoy doing that more than going after the big flatties.

11. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Heck at the Chattanooga gathering the only cat i caught was a 1 # blue, but he fought for all he was worth and still fun to catch. Then last Wednesday I caught a 2.5 # Channel and had a ball fighting him in the current. I grew up mostly fishing for Bluegill on a fly rod and they were fun as can be to catch all day long.