If you ride a cvcle please read

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by r ward, Jul 11, 2009.

1. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    A young man I work with was going home thursday night on his motorcycle a dog ran out in front of him the dog was killed he is in the hospital getting skin grafted back on his arms and legs because of aspalt burns please watch out and wear the proper gear I know it is hot but at least it my protect you from agony of skin grafts:sad2:

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good advice Richard. I don't care how good a rider one thinks he is , sometimes you don't have time to react. This applies to drivers are animals.

3. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Can't predict animals. A guy I worked with had a deer run out in front of him. Wrecked his bike and nearly killed him.

4. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Yep, Always dress for the crash,, not the ride!!!:wink:

5. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i used to race motorcycles when i was a kid and those leathers sure does save the hide

6. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I agree with you all 100%. I trust myself not to wear all the protective gear. But there are too many variables I cannot control. Deer,dogs,cats,cars, and kids are just a few. So I always wear it. My prayers are with him. Andrew

7. Capn Crunch

Capn Crunch New Member

State:
    Lexington,
    You've got that right, Andrew. We lost my uncle a few years back on his bike. He had ridden for over 30 years. Was out on a rural 2-lane in TN. An older fella headed toward him was too busy looking at a tractor for sale in a road-side parking lot and crossed the center line. You just can't control everything else, even if you do everything right.

We'll be praying for the young man, Richard.

8. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ive jus plain gave up on my bike for the fact I wanna live. I live out in the country, there are deer, possums and you name it running across the road. I had a friend that got hit by a pheasant flying out of the ditch and broke his back. Had some good times rideing, but now I plan on haveing some good times boating, cause the money for the bike is going twords a boat. Good luck to your friend, hope he is okay.

9. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Richard,
    I cringe every time I see those young cuties on the back of those bikes wearing next to nothing. They have no concept of what blacktop will do to skin and flesh. I don't care how hot it gets, when I ride I wear leather and a helmet.
    Hope your buddy makes a good recovery...W