If You only had 1 week to live what would you do?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ace, May 20, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    If you knew you were dying and only had one week to live?
    What would be the first thing that you would do?

:misdoubt:

:cat:

2. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Definently be with my family.

3. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    from the moment i walked out of the doctors office, spend it all with my soul mate, my wife.

4. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Double check to make sure affairs are in order and then be with family, probably fishing.
    thanks
    Larry

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Take time to pick out who I'm takein with me! LOL!

Then, "BEEF" 3 times a day 7 days a week.

6. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    Do some soul searching & make sure my heart's right with the Lord before He calls me home.

7. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Yea, like that darn weatherman thats NEVER right!!!

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    make Sure That I'm Right With The Lord ,spend Time With Family. No Need To Be Getting Depressed There Arlington. You Just Make Sure You Hang In There. We Need Your Honest Input On Here.

9. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'd have to spend the time with my family and close friends. I wouldn't know what else to do really.

10. PACAF

PACAF New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Make sure all paperwork was togetherso that none of my assest would have to be probated in court. Putting everything into my wife's name or children's names.
    Get all important relationships right and tell my kids and grandkids that I love them and proud of each of them.
    Make amends with siblings where strife might have been for many years.
    Let those that love me know that I know they love me.
    Make a folder with all my "last wishes" in it. Such as funeral arrangements, what I want to wear, how I want my body taken care of and where I might want to be buried. Make sure I have the arrangements made and paid for with all paperwork to that effect in this folder. Also Cds with music I might want played.
    In short, make all arrangements for my funeral, saving my loved ones from having to make those choices or spending too much money for my funeral just because they are in pain at the time.
    Also in this folder leave last "letters" to loved ones.
    Also explainations as to why I chose certain things done during my funeral and why I left certain things to certain loved ones.
    Be where I need to be spriitually.
    Catch one more fish.
    Say good bye to the lake.
    Say, "Thank God this week is over, now I can get some rests!"
    Last off, tell everyone goodbye one last time and tell them I will be watching over them.

11. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    The first thing I would do is pray,then I would spend all the time I could with my family.

12. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa

I would do all the above the first day, Kiss my wife goodbye, Then go fishin, Next time they saw me would be the last. I would have a little fun, making sure to right some wrongs before time was up. LOL

ACE, you alright? Mac

13. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Get a second opion if that failed correct all problems I could and pray

14. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    BG, you got a learn to be a loner sometimes. :tounge_out:

15. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The doctors told me I could die if I dont get a new heart, but I thank God for everday that he blesses me to live, worship, and fish.

16. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I kind of think that is going on now except for the last week part. Maybe got a couple more left. LOL.
    I would ask God to forgive me of all my Sins through his Son Jesus Christ. Which I have. Then I would be with my family and have a real good time with them while trying to let them know, its my time, make the best of yours and get right with the man, both on earth and Heaven. Head to the bank, throw out a line, start a camp fire and rest in peace. I did that for the best fishing friend I ever had. My dog.
    The fun part would be, telling the Doctors to kiss off. You aint running my family throughthe coals. Life support, turn it off. Dont want it. I have had most all my family go through that while I was in charge and I'm still being contacted about me paying bills for it from 10 years ago. been sued once. . LMAO. Guess Cause I gave ok under Doctors advice and living will. I signed my name. Go figure. I PMF on them Then, send my ashes to the IRS saying, now you got it all. LMAO

Sorry, I dont come from a welfare family but i also dont come from a well off family.
    More country than anything. All has been in every war in USA.

17. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    go fishing with Deerhunter who is wearing his pink tutu.:tounge_out:

18. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    throw a huge a$$ party!

19. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    man thats just i needed, iam the youngest of 4 boy's. my middle brother killed himself nov. 05. he was a big hunter/fisherman. had his own funeral home , was a big part kids hunter program in southern indiana. he had everything, no warning he's gone. i'am lost in words.

20. PACAF

PACAF New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Was told in 1993 to get my things in order as the Doctors said I only had about three months left to live. I told the doc to change his will and put me down for one of his pallbearers because I would be there.
    Long story short, still here, so docs aren't always right. Don't give up just because they tell you to.
    I've done more quality living since that day than I had done in all the years previously. The skies are bluer, I love deeper, talk nicer, and enjoy the people around me more.
    Also finally found time to wet a line and enjoy the feel of a tug on my line!
    Best part, found the time to spend with my Dad and get to know him and him to know me better before he died April 18, 2005.
    Every cloud has a silver lining somewhere.

If you feel you might need someone to talk to....... remove the spaces and contact me, will give you my number.
    bfason @ comcast . net