The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost exactly 10 yrs ago took a buddy frm CA on a trip wanting to put him on a decent fish. We had a great daythough it was pretty darn cold for him)...flat calm, decent action and a "giant" 60+ lber for him as we headed back towards the ramp at Deep Bottom(I never told him that 60 wasn't that big back then). He's a pretty big dude at 6'6" and we turned his drag way down so it was funny seeing him get whooped and tired after fighting that fish. Liquor they got into might also have had something to do with it.

·
Registered
OkC Oklahoma
272 Posts
He won’t soon forget that!
I’d love for one of my grandsons to catch something just half the size of that critter.

·
Registered
5,382 Posts
I don't know where the fish was caught but my PB is 62 and I thought it was huge. Loved the vid, thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gonna give it a try again tomorrow. From Hopewell... anybody wanna point me to an area where theres been bait recently( setting the gill net)?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went Sun. Outta Hopewell. Once we got the outboard to “pee” finally after struggling...Bait was a struggle. Then the wind(not forecast) was a struggle and changed our plan tho it wasnt howling... just annoying. Not crowding duck hunters...a struggle. And a consistent bite... yep.. a struggle. Managed one decent fish in OT after I said “reel em in” off structure. Lotta guys hopping around out there but assume they had better luck. Tide was ripping... and we ince and fir all through scientific evaluation answered fresh bait vs ild bait debate. Had some really good smack talk in the boat with an ol buddy I hadnt seen in a year which made it well worth it.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts