If you need another reason........

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by KansasKatter, Jul 19, 2006.

1. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I was thinking last night, as if you need another reason to take a kid fishing, this occured to me.

Think about all the criminal stories, and drug addiction stories you hear about on TV. When they are telling the stories of these thugs, rapists, murderers, crack addicts, and interviewing those who knew them, telling their life stories, how many times do you hear "He grew up fishing, with a love for the outdoors"? Almost never. When you instill the values and level of respect it takes to become an avid outdoorsman/woman into children, it carries over into all aspects of life. Not only do they respect nature, and the land, but all living things, including fellow humans. This is the kind of thing that will keep them out of trouble as a kid, through adolescence, and hopefully adulthood.

So take a kid fishing! You just may be saving a soul!:big_smile:

2. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    There is alot of truth to your statement. Just taking a kid out and having them get a love for the outdoors, it doesn't have to be fishing it could be hunting, hiking, camping, trail riding, there are so many things that a person can do to "become one with nature" that there has to be something for everyone out there.

Aaron

TA2D

3. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    I take my girls out fishing all the time, when they get older im going to buy a boat so I can take them out on the water.

4. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I think teaching respect is the most important part of this. If they know how to respect nature (or anything rerally) they also pick up respect for other people.

If you really get down to it, most of the problems we complain about stem from a lack of respect.
    Theft=no respect for another person's property, or the hard work they put in to get it
    violent crimes=no respect for the other person's physical well-being
    dishonesty=no respect for the other person's mental well-being

The list can go on and on.

5. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Make it fun for them or they will lose interest quickly, and possibly turn to other activities that we try to keep them away from. Good fishin', Jack.

6. etownred

etownred New Member

State:
    Virginia
    That's true. I know I probably would have gotten in alot more trouble growing up if my Dad had not have passed his love of the oudoors on to me. My son is only 5 and he loves to go hunting and fishing.

7. Randync

Randync Member

State:
    North Carolina
    If I go fishing I have at least 1 of my kids with me, usually 2. My 10 year old girl will go around picking up old fishing line and trash from the bank and toss it in the trash cans where we fish.

8. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Amen ,Thanks for making the point!!
    Brian

9. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    You're right on the money with this post, Jeff. Kids need our time and our attention- with it they will thrive, without it they will struggle.

10. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I love to take my 21 month old daughter. She has a lot of fun reeling in but it is for a very short time only. She is a true joy and she will become a real fisherwoman. LOL

11. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    What could be better than taking a kid fishing, especialy when that kid is your own. I grew up fishing, which gave me something to do, which helped in keeping me out of trouble or atleast from trouble finding me.

12. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Us Fisherman Are A Dying Breed, And My Generation Is So Busy Partying, Gettin' Laid, And Getting F*#ked Up, That They Don't Take The Time They Should With Their Kids. Everything I Know Growing Up As A French Cajun/ Houma Indian In South La Is Passed On To My Child. From Gardens For All 4 Seasons, Fishing, Hunting, Survival, Trapping, Traps, Crawfishin', Froggin', Turtle Huntin', Cookin, Hell U Name It...he's Learned It. It's Not Always The Easiest Thing To Do, But My Kid Comes On every Fishing And Hunting Trip I Make...period...it Kept Me Out Of Trouble When I Was Younger, And Im Sure It'll Do The Same For Him. My Kid Will Never Be Able To Say, "my Daddy Didn't", Or, "my Daddy Wasn't", Ever In His Life. It Gets Me In A Lil' Trouble With The Old Lady Sometimes, B/c I Take Him Fishing Everyday After Work During The Summer And Alternate Between Fishing, Hunting, And Exploring Walking Through The Woods Showin' Him The Wildlife And Edible Plants, Natural Shelters And So On, And Spread Myself Kinda' Thin To Be Able To Spend A Lot Of Time With Her. So I Been Tryin' My Best. It's A Must That We All Get Off Our Asses, And Even If We're Tired, Spend As Much Time With Them That Is Humanly Possible. Theres A Bond That I've Experienced With No1 Else In My Life That I Have With My Kid...and All The Times We've Spent Fishin' N Huntin' N Stuff Is Priceless, And Things Both He And I Will Never Forget. And I Can See By Your Thread, U Feel The Same. I Have A Great Deal Of Respect For Fathers That Do The Stuff We Do For Our Kids. And If U Get It No Where Else, The Brothers And Sisters Of The Boc Will For Damn Sure, Make Sure U Get The Respect And Appreciation U Deserve Here. Hat's Off To Ya'!
    Keep It Up!
    Shaun

13. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I can't wait to take my little girl fishing! That is her in my avatar. She is 10 months old, she will sit with me for a very short time, but that is about it. She does like playing with worms, and perch, just have to keep her from putting them in her mouth!

She will be more ready next year!

14. FROG

FROG New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    well said KANSAS we feel the same way in GEORGIA after all they are our future

15. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Your right on there nice post.