If you had a choice between these two boats......

Discussion in 'Boating' started by BenNewt, Oct 7, 2009.

1. BenNewt

BenNewt New Member

State:
    Minnesota
  2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    It would certainly depend on WHERE you fish the most. IF you are in NEED of a jet to get to skinny waters, by all means get the jet. If you fish deeper water more, go with the outboard. Both boats look great. I'd LOVE to have a jet like that to fish some places not accessible to most.

Bill in SC

3. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    if your gonna fish shallows and weedy areas go with option one. only thang is i wish it was atleast a 90 h. just in case you did go to deeper water, or swift current you got enough power.

4. BenNewt

BenNewt New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Most of the lakes around here have tons of eurasian millfoil which can float around in small chunks. Would these little chunks clog up the intake on an jet?

5. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well... dont let the HP scare you away from Boat 1 mine is 35hp jet (50hp if it was a prop)

I fish on the Missouri River and Mississippi River with ZERO problems as far as power goes.... Its not Fast by anymeans maybe 25-28mph? but im in no hurry and i dont wanna go fast anyways.I just get on up plane and cruse.

If it was me i would go with boat 1 Looks like a tough rig.

6. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    they can, depends on how dense it is. if its not to bad it outta just push it through, and it will have a different sound as you go though it. im gonna pm you with a link to a boatsetup used down here in the swamps where areas are dense with vegitation.

7. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    if its this bad i dont think nothing will help.
    http://aquatechnex.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/closeup06.jpeg

But i got stuck the other day being caress and if i would have had a prop i would have had to call the coast guard.Instead .. i lowerd the jet and shot the mud&sand out and got the boat unstuck.

Its not the best thing to do to the jet but ... it got me unstuck.:crazy:

8. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    check your pm Ben. let me know what you think

9. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    The first one looks neat but there's like 400 rivet holes in the gunnel, there's no way to lay down in it, either. The seat faces forwards.

I guess you could test drive the jet in a weed bed just to see what happens. You should have all the bargaining power you'll ever have. I think it's time to buy while you can still do a test drive.

10. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    What would you offer for them? I've been watching classifieds all summer. Lots of crazy prices out there. I'm pretty sure blue book is worthless on older stuff but according to BB, I just bought mine for the price of the motor. It is October! Just in time for hunting means they waited way to long to sell, etc.

It's gonna be more expensive if you insist on the tunnell. There just aren't many to choose from. There was a bare boat in Ill. but that's the nearest one I found while searching. Something like mud motors, you might have more to choose from.

11. BenNewt

BenNewt New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I'm not sure what I would offer them. I might go take a look at both of them this weekend. Lots of good deals out there right now.....