If you had 3 hours to fish, who would be your boat mate?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by sal_jr, Aug 17, 2006.

1. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    I saw Dragger made a great post about his parents and a few others chimed in quickly on how much they've enjoyed the company of a parent on the water.

So who would you take on your last "3 hour tour".

And if you answer Maryann from Gilligan's Island, you will be disqualified. lol Thats a wholly other 3 hour tour.

I'd take my grandpa. Every time I go out it is his voice that reminds me the steps to take... be it dropping the boat in the water and starting it up or setting up the rig and baiting up... It is his voice in my head. It is his thick accent, his warm confidence, and his silly sense of humor.
    He is my grandpa and my favorite fishing partner. He is my best friend and a great teacher. I am squirming in my skin cause I cant wait till he and I are fishing in Alaska together in just a few weeks from now. So If I had 3 hours of life left to fish, you bet I'd call my "pop".

He is always early to the water and sometimes he even lets you have your best lures back when he is "done" cathing all the fish on them.

How bout you?
    :cool2:

2. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    i would take my dad. its always nice to get away and spend are time together out on the lake

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Wow, Sal, I like this thread. What a good question! I'd have to say that it would be my maternal grandfather, if that were possible. He was an avid fisherman and hunter and had so much knowledge to pass on. Unfortunately, he died when I was nine years old so I didn't have a lot of time to pick his brain for information. He liked to catfish, but he wasn't particular really, he just loved FISHING. Fly fishing was something he enjoyed very much, he tied his own, just like somebody else we know around here :big_smile:! Yes, that's who I'd choose, Grandaddy A.O. He was funny and smart and a joy to be around, because he loved life and all of God's creation.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    #1 son! Only cause out of my 3 boys he has always shown the greatest enjoyment for it. Sorry Mike and Paul! LOL! Thats my story and I'm sticken with it! LOL!

5. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    .....Jesus.....

6. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    If i could only have one it would be my 8 year old son so me and him could spend time doing what we love the most! And so he could always have the memory that i was left with when i was 10!!!

7. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Danny, He could sure tell you which side of the boat to fish from.

ST

8. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    If I could pick anyone, it would have to be my grandpa(on my Mom's side). He loved to catfish. He put a cane pole in my hand when I was very young. He had a house on the Ohio River. We never got to fish from a boat together (he past away in 1989). I think it would have been a ball.

If I had to choose someone living, well it would have to be my husband, Vernon(vlparrish). He knows so much about the Ohio, fishing and boating and he ain't bad to look at. Don't tell him I said that. Those Parrish Boys have a big enough ego. :wink:

9. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Well....there ain't much thinkin' about it on my part.... And the winner is....CARRIE UNDERWOOD!!!!! (Cheering begins and the "wolf whistle" is heard above the crowd... LOL) :big_smile:

-Red

10. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I would take my son and our bows and take as many carp as we could shoot with us!!!!!!!!!!

11. winston61

winston61 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Bless his old skinny butt, no one else.

12. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    I Would take my sis. Gert. Been gone now just over a year man I shure do miss her!!!

13. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

My father if he was still alive. For a living person it would be fellow member Jack C. Outen.

14. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Guess it depends on where you come from and back ground.
    I would take my wife , me, myself and I, plus my Dog.:big_smile:

Actually went for a 6 hour tour today but it took 8. LOL Me and my Dog. Bout 9am till 3 pm. Talk about hot. CraPPpppppPpPPP. :tounge_out:
    I didn't think the spoiled AC dog was going to make it and have a heat stroke or I would have stayed till midnight. Really I got worried about her.

Had to get her some cool air fast. Even the water was hot.
    I think I came upon a chumed up hole. They was full of corn. Caught bout 20, lost many and had a couple of hogs head for the stumps. LOL
    came home , clean em, cooked most of em and now I waiting on the PMF reactions.
    Yelp, I could repeat this fishing day many times if it wouldnt cost a $100 bill every time. LMAO, so I guess, My wife when she wants too, dog and I till the tide comes in. LOL.

15. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i would have to say my dad and my son

16. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Well, let's see now. My parents and grand parents are all gone. My wife's are all gone. Been taking my grandson out once in awhile(He's 5). I fish with my best friend all the time. So he's always there. There are a few here on the board that know they have a seat with me anytime they want one. My wife loves to fish when it's cool and during daylight hours. Other than those choices, I'd have to say that if I could fish with 8,000 people it would be the whole BOC! Does that make any sense at all? 3 hours with those I think the most of.

17. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    it would be my wife, she is my fishing buddie.

18. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    I would take my dad, but if he wasnt available for some peculiar reason I guess Faith Hill would work in a pinch at least if she came along it wouldnt matter if we caught anything or not :big_smile:

19. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Heck I guess it would be with Teay or big George at least the conversation would be pretty good LOL. To be honest Im not sure

20. FWFeecherman

FWFeecherman New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I would choose my father. Not because he taught me or even liked fishing. He didnt have the patience for fishing and we only went together a couple of times, but if I could choose it would be him. He passed away about 5years ago. We weren't getting along all that well when he passed away and I would love a chance to take him fishing and tell him all the things I didnt get to. He may have hated the fishing part, but he would of loved the time spent together. I often went fishing to be apart fomr him, and now I wish I would have put up a little more with his impatience. Dad would be my choice. Great question. Tight Lines and Screamin Clikers to ya!!