If you had $16,000 for a boat what would you buy?

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by RebelMan, Dec 19, 2009.

1. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

If you had $16,000 to spend for a boat what would you get? Because thats what i'm able to spend for a new catfish boat that i'm going to buy around march. I'm looking at the Lowe roughnecks 1760cj with a 90/65 horse jet. I'm probably going to either get one new or try to find something similar to that style used. I'm wondering if you guys know of anything worth getting in that range for catfishing. I like the seaark's but i'm not a big fan with the console towards the back of the boat. I want a console thats up to the front. Any ideas?

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I think you can special order your SeaArk and have them put the console wherever you want it. You'll have to wait a couple months for it though.

I just like the SeaArks.:big_smile: If I remember correctly there is a SeaArk currently in the For Sale section that has the console forward. Not sure if he moved it himself or ordered it that way.

Good Luck.

3. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I myself like the Lowes also. G3 makes a sweet 1860 Jet Rig Also, console is way up front and plenty of room. Them G3s run even shallower than the Lowes.

4. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

the g3 1860 CCJ DLX looks sweet! I got g3 deal near me very tempted to see if they have them and if they are in my price range :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

5. Here-Fishy-Fishy

Here-Fishy-Fishy New Member

State:
    Maryland
    If your able your best deal maybe in Jan. Might save a thousand or two

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I would buy a used one for 700 to a thousand, and pocket the rest. Why on earth does a person need a new boat to fish with? They are just gonna get dinged on launching, slimed with smelly fish, and after a year or two, you won't be truly satisfied with its layout. But its your life. LOL

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I personally am partial to a pontoon boat for Cattin'! I like to go on allnighters. Pontoons have long bench seats where you can roll out a sleeping bag when you get tired. Rod holders can be placed the whole way around. Lots of space for rods, tackle boxes, live bait tanks, coolers, etc. Toons can have enclosures set up to keep weather off you also. :cool2:

8. pennsyvinn

pennsyvinn Member

State:
    PA
    If you can get a new lowe 1760cj for $16,00 let me know i'll buy one too:big_smile: I have first dibs on a 2010 at a local dealer ,when it comes in,I'm gonna check it out.That would be the perfect boat for me,but for $20,200 out the door,it seems like alot.Three year old bass boat style jets are plentiful right now,and in the ballpark of 7k.Used center console river boats are alot harder to find then the bass boat.I am going to buy a jet this winter,i've been seeing alot of great deals the last couple weeks,but I kinda want to hold out & see if I can get a deal on a new one at the harrisburg show.With the amount of nice used jets for sale,I might not be able to wait that long:big_smile:

9. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I wouldn't mind having a brand new Lowe deep v, but my old boat catches just as many fish.

10. You can let me know when ya hit the water with one of those baby's hoss.:wink::smile2:

11. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    Hey check this web site out (duckysboats.com) They have some boats like you are looking for.. I'am looking for the same boat. I would like to find a 18/72 with a 90hp jet drive with a cc at the frount.. You mite wanna buy one the same size as the one i want.. or bigger $16000.00 is a lot of money. In a couple of years you start thinking that you wish you had a bigger boat!!!! TRUST ME YOU WILL!!!

12. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    If you want a NEW boat I say go for it. Might not catch anymore fish than the cheap guy in his $700 special but ain't nothing like a brand new boat to rig YOUR way! No need to undo anyones hack mods!

Go bigger than you think you'll need because they shrink real quick once you get used to them. I thought my 20 footer with the 8 foot beam (at the gunnels) looked like a freaking barge when I bought her NEW. She is still plenty big but has 'shrunk' to an easily manageable size.

Ain't nothing like a brand spanking new rig!:big_smile:

13. pennsyvinn

pennsyvinn Member

State:
    PA
    I agree 100%.The problem is I pay 20k for the boat,THEN....... :smile2:I need
    Top of the line trolling motor
    2-3 more batteries & charger
    Fish finder w/ gps & nav might as well get a sidefinder too
    Rod holders
    Bimini top
    I'm sure i'm forgetting something,but now I'm pushing 25,000 and wait don't forget the............Divorce Lawyer:eek:oooh::smile2: or the wifes new lexus:eek:oooh::smile2:
    Seriously,thats the main reason I think used is a better deal is because you get somebody's extra's free:big_smile:

14. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    LMAO! Didn't say the 'new boat smell' came cheap!:smile2:

15. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    don't forget anchor winch,rod rack across the back,stereo,new rod and reels ta match the new boat :smile2: it never stops

16. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    :eek:oooh::smile2:You have to keep up with NPT, there's another $5,000

17. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    I know several people that have G3's. They're great boats. Xpress makes a good one too. Check them out.

18. pennsyvinn

pennsyvinn Member

State:
    PA
    http://www.fishingworld.com/vdealers/PA/LousMarine/
    I never thought the g3 would be that much cheaper than the lowe.This boat is in your price range,you better check it out.:big_smile:Don't forget the $2,500 for taxes & fees :sad2:What's the difference between this model and the dlx,which is $16,229.The dlx is painted? and fishfinder?is that it?

19. pennsyvinn

pennsyvinn Member

State:
    PA
    It's more like.......I have to hide it from my wife:smile2:.....So,I'll keep it at NPT's house:smile2:What do you think that would cost?:wink::smile2:

20. I'll take it to the river every night and wash it for ya.:wink: