If you could take a trip anywhere for trophy blue catfish, where would you go?

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by spoonfish, Oct 15, 2006.

1. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Like the rest of you I have a rare disease called Big Bluecat Disorder. I would like to do some trophy blue fishing trips within the next year and wondered what everyones opinions are on the best places for Big fish. I'm talking 60# plus fish. Now I know that there is trophy water right here with Truman, Lake of the Ozarks and the Missouri River but I think it will be fun to travel to some new locations to fish. So if you could take a trip to anywhere in the U.S. to fish where would it be?
    :0a22:

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I think I'd have to go with one of the newest hotspots-the James River. My second choice would be to fish the Mississippi with James Patterson.

3. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    right in My back Yard....the missouri river. but if I was gonna take a trip im' with Doug and would like to fish the Mississippi or the James.

The Red River would also be fun for bruiser channel cats

But My Dream trip would Be to the Amazon to chase those crazy south american cats

4. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Well, when are we going? We'll just haul your boat on down there!

5. fastfrank

fastfrank New Member

State:
    Elgin, Alabama
    The Tennessee River should not be overlooked. Cabela's King Kat tournament was held near Florence, Al. this past weekend, and every record was shattered. The winning team landed slightly over 500 lbs. for the 2 day tournament. Myself, and a few buddies fish for the big ones in N.W. Alabama, and a 40lb'er is considered as "pretty nice".

6. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I guess I would have to fish the Ohio River.

7. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    right after I go get all those shots and stuff......don't need to get miliaria LOL Sure would be one heck of an experence

8. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I have fished the Mississippi sereral times in the past and it is a Good one.
    I definetly have the James on my top to do list.
    After seeing the results of the the tourny this week end I'm adding the Tennesse to my list, what a great job the guys did on numbers of Big fish.
    Also have seen many Big blues on here from you guys on the Ohio, that makes 3 to do so far......

9. bigcatJoe

bigcatJoe New Member

State:
    indiana
    I would like to go to the james river.

10. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Since the weather's crappy and we're sitting around dreaming, we'd better not leave out Texoma and Santee-Cooper. So that's 6 for me-better get started soon!

11. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    It would be hard to beat the Missouri River, but one of these years I'm going to take a week off in Feb and hit Texoma or some of the Southern California lakes.

12. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I Would Go To The James River.

13. matt_k_a

matt_k_a New Member

State:
    texas
    Santee Cooper would be my choice

14. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I would pick the Ohio river somewhere below Cannelton Dam or Mississippi river between Memphis and St. Louis

15. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Yeah Im heading for Texoma

16. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Confluence of Mo. and Miss., James River, Henderson Ky, Santee Cooper....

17. Willy

Willy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If your are serious about the James I have a guides card that I met in Richmond,Va a couple of years ago that is a good place to start. We never got to go with him as work kept us from hooking up but he seemed like the real deal when we talked to him at the boat ramp. We had planned to come home and bring a boat back with us but the contract went south and we headed home without fishing the river liked we wanted too.We were doing storm clean up and working 7 days a week was the norm as the money was too good to pass up.

18. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    After the King Kat Classic weigh in at Pickwick and Wilson this weekend I dont see how anybody could not pick that place.

19. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    I agree with Santee-Cooper. I am planning on fishing the tournament there next month. Really looking forward to it. I am planning to go down and prefish it before hand and chart some potential spots out.

20. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    id like to just be able to go with someone so i could learn and actuly catch a fish lol somthing other then channels