Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
For the money, I'd have o say 6500c. Bought 5 of them last winter marked down to $40. at a Walmart!! Bought all they had, think it might have been a mistake!!:smile2:

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
well i cant fish for bluegills and crappie with a 7000 so i would have to say one reel and no other? i would go with a 5000. at least i could fish for anything with it. at least most i fish for.:wink:

but if we were saying catfish reel i would also say 6500cl3. i have two, and 1 6000, 2 5500's and 2 5000's.lol.

so catfish ya. a 6500cl3.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My 20yr old Abu Garcia 5500C that is still kickin'

·
Registered
638 Posts
At the present time, I have to go with my Fin-Nor OS 95.
That may change when I get my Shimano Stella FTL-20000A.
Fraternally,
Coyote1
[[[[[End of post]]]]]

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Shimano 6500B , I have 7 of them now and will be getting a few more to phase out some baitcasters. I have never seen a stronger, more durable, and maintenance free reel like this. Put some 120# braid on it and I've pulled trees up from the bottom, and 60# plus cats no problem.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
guess if it were just one it would be one of the new abu record No 61's hc(60 for the righty's) with the Carbon Matrix Drag.(same size as a 6500c3) guess i could use it for the gill's with some lite line on it seeing its as smooth as silk with all the bearing in it(4 ball and 2 roller) but put some 50lb power pro on it and you could drag in any cat in from this part of the world

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
One reel, to fish for all catfish? I would chose an abu6500c3, the newer ones with the carbon matrix drag...I have caught 40-lb flatheads on this reel with ease..Also smaller channel cats..I can cast this reel a mile, and rarely get a birds nest.

What would your one reel to fish with be?
Agreed, my 6500 Black Cat w/ carbon matrix drag if I can only pick one. I have big Penn's (which would be overkill for smaller fish), and an Abu 5500 which might be a tad small for big cats. 6500 is perfect, casts like a dream too!

·
Registered
31 Posts
One reel, to fish for all catfish? I would chose an abu6500c3, the newer ones with the carbon matrix drag...I have caught 40-lb flatheads on this reel with ease..Also smaller channel cats..I can cast this reel a mile, and rarely get a birds nest.

What would your one reel to fish with be?

THAT MY REEL OF CHOICE ALSO.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts