Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One reel, to fish for all catfish? I would chose an abu6500c3, the newer ones with the carbon matrix drag...I have caught 40-lb flatheads on this reel with ease..Also smaller channel cats..I can cast this reel a mile, and rarely get a birds nest.

What would your one reel to fish with be?

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I can't argue w/ ya there. You can't beat a 6500 for an all around reel.

BUT.... buddy just wait until you see and feel the new "professionally tricked out" 6000 that I recently got. All I can say is: WOW! :big_smile:

·
Registered
286 Posts
the 6500 big game is a nice reel.

·
Premium Member
4,736 Posts

BUT.... buddy just wait until you see and feel the new "professionally tricked out" 6000 that I recently got. All I can say is: WOW! :big_smile:
Hay Mellon What in the Dickins You and Jack doing up at this time of the Morning?(4:00am)Also where did You Catch that PIG in Your Aviator? Congrat's!!!!! J.D.:smile2:

·
Registered
Winston, Indiana
4,210 Posts

Bryan,
What did you get done to it? Come on now, spill those beans...W

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
It would have to be the 6500C3, new or old. You just can't beat them for the money. I've had two over ten years now, I take them apart once a year to clean. They are a little beat up on the outside but I'm still catching fish with them.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
thats a tough one sence i havent tried all reels i cant really say witch one. out of the ones ive used obviously the g30 pflueger contender but its to big n heavy for all catting kind of. but the next size down would probally be a good all around reel.:confused2:

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I would choose the ones I use today. 7000c3i It would be nice to fine some that was assembled in Sweeden.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I'd pick my abu 6500 CS Rocket. I'd give it the carbon drag washers and have a set of spool bushings to put in it when I'm fishing sandy areas so the sand don't eat up the bearings. But then again, what would I put on my other rods sitting out there?

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
6500 c3 it dont get any better

I agree. I have 3 of them and they've never let me down. My next reel will be a 7000c3. Just have to wait for the funds for it. I want it for my 12' rod and for fishing deep holes on the river. I do love my Abu 6500 c3's!!!!!:wink::big_smile:

·
Registered
204 Posts
One reel, to fish for all catfish? I would chose an abu6500c3, the newer ones with the carbon matrix drag...I have caught 40-lb flatheads on this reel with ease..Also smaller channel cats..I can cast this reel a mile, and rarely get a birds nest.

What would your one reel to fish with be?
Howdy Flat,
Same thing here, 6500 C3 is my choice.(own 14)
Can't beat 'em.
Bigwhiskers

1 - 20 of 70 Posts