If you could have any boat...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by thomcat, Sep 5, 2006.

1. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    if you could have your boat of coinc, (for free) what boat would you choose?? I would have a 23' pontoon boat with all the bells and whistles.

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I guess I should say some kind of catfishing rig..but knowing myself, I would pick some arrogantly huge yacht complete with a full time hired staff and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu instructor (and a few mounted 25MM cannons in case we run into Pirates). My family and I would just go out to sea for long periods and try to not even worry about the news and all the other problems of the world:still_dreaming: ...Hey you did say "of my choice".

3. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Without a doubt, a 21 foot customweld viper2

4. Prospector

Prospector New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    My boat would be a 16' flat bottomed boat. One that has a wide bottom for stability. It would have a bait well in it, a live well, for the fish caught. Engine would be about 75-90 hp Merc. A minkota 60# thrust trolling motor. Rod storage, tackle storage. Thats about all I can think of, unless it be a Pontoon boat, say a 20'!! LOL!!

5. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Now for something completely different...I'd take a Liquid Logic Manta Ray 14 ft sit on top kayak or the Hobie Out back sit on top kayak, you know, the one Hank Parker advertises that has the peddle drive so you don't have to paddle. Great fishing craft for cats and almost anything else you want to go after, cheap to operate, no license fees, no trailer.

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Mine I don't think is made but here goes, it's not that fancy either. 20 foot long 8 feet wide all aluminium, welded of course. Fully loaded for catfishing.

7. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Big pontoon boat, with a toilet, fridge, bunk beds, gas grill, twin outboards, large canopy, 24+ rodholders, and a big loud horn! Or one like the photo below (pontoon2) with this particular crew.:big_smile:

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

No bunk beds just a king bed with the crew and I am sold lol

9. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Check these out, this is want i want, you can get them custom built...These things are top notch...
    http://www.customweld.com/

10. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    THat is pretty cool!

11. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'd go with a 55-60' double cabin with two fighting seats.

12. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    My choice is simple. I'd have the one I got. If I didn't like it, I'd get rid of it. I could have any boat manufactured, if I would be willing to mortgage my soul for it. Drather keep my soul and my current boat. The money saved goes for more fishing.

13. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    The reason why I added the 25MM cannons is because the pirate problem is very real. My friends just got back from the 11th MEU (Marine Expeditionary Unit). While the battle group was in the middle east, a band of pirates actually tried to take the USS Gonzalez. Needless to say, they were thwarted in thier attempt. My buddies were on the USS Essex at the time and two of the captured pirates were brought aboard in custody. One was D.O.A. and the other died sometime later. Both sustained wounds from 50cal rounds. So...yeah...the pirate problem would be something to take into consideration. I feel bad for the dead but who in their right minds (or even the wrong mind!) would try to overtake a U.S. Naval vessel?!

14. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Can you say terrorist are attempted anyway. Some people don't have enoug commonsense to fill the tip of a needle. I don't feel bad for the pirates that died I am sure the guys on the USS Gonzalez would have faced the same end if the ship would have been taken by the pirates

15. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    My boat of choice would be a 13 Ft boston whaler with a 35 honda riged for catfishing:dribble: