If you could go fishing anywhere, where would it be?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ec43146, Jan 29, 2009.

1. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If you had the chance to go fishing anywhere you wanted where would you pick? I think I'd go after some of those South American catfish in the Amazon tributaries.

2. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    I'd like to go to the Amazon to tangle with some of those huge monster

3. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I suppose anywhere with fish, I've never fished the Boundary Waters Canoe Area on the border with Canada. Peaceful up there.

4. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    I would load up and go to DeGray then follow poisonpits (Johnnie) home.

5. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I think being on a houseboat on the Mississippi would be great. Move about with the weather and enjoy all the places the boat could go. That would take a lifetime lol

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Anywhere where there was plenty of peace and relaxation.I love listening to the water.It has a very calming effect on me.Of course,I'd want some monster catfish in the water also.:cool2::smile2::wink:

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Think i wanna talk OhNo in to launching that houseboat at St. Paul minn. and fish our way to New Orleans. Take me back to my towboatin days, cept this round i'll be playin instead of workin.Heck, it don't cost nothing to dream.:wink:

8. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Wouldn't that be the life,,,,, I would like to take a detour on the Ohio on the way down.. I would want to sneak on Lake Barkley and surprise Griz and that bunch on a Tuesday night.

Don't need to be a giant houseboat either. Something under 50 foot so we don't need a Captians license. Also need a laptop with a connection to internet,,, to brag on here. lol

9. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    I think i'd be happy with going to my favorite hole. I know where the fish are, I know what they want, and I know how to catch them. I'm perfectly happy with that. Now I just need to be teleported from my office to there. My second place to go would be North Padre Island Sea shore. 60 miles of beach, one way down and back. The further you get down the beach, the further you are away from the world. No cell phones, no email, just a cooler with ice, a cooker, and a case of beer for the weekend.

10. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well, I figure that if I pick someplace tropical, it'll be loaded with insects and other venomous critters, so...

fishing off the coast of Ireland sounds like the place, to me! :smile2:

11. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    with fish west point and oh no

12. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    If I could pick just one,It would have to be the National Gathering,Where ever it would be,Friends galore,Good times and Many:cool2: Memories.

13. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hope all of you realise your dream fishing spot, after reading the posts I don't think theres any place like home.

14. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I like Oh no's ideal. I'm thinking in some of those detours, we could end up in the best place to fish, Texas.
    I just soon be at my lake lot or on the same waters in a boat.
    But Joey's ideal on Padre Island Sea shore. Been there. I was raised in them parts and a little more south. great place to fish.

15. brew1961

brew1961 New Member

State:
    West Virgi
    For a get away trip to warmer weather I would pick Wheeler Lake. I will be down there fishing with Mike Mitchell, I'd love to catch a nice Blue or two! I'll let you all know how it goes! Peace, Tim

16. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I would like to go to Manitoba and catch 20# channels all day long.

17. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    I would like to go to Thailand to catch some of those monster catfish---that or over in Spain for some of those big Wels catfish :cool2:

18. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

"Moon river.....wider than a mile....I'm crossin' you in style....someday!"

The Mississippi was one of the first things that crossed my mind. I like oh_no's idea, 'cause to me fishing is as much about the fellowship as it is trying to catch the big ones. The style of a houseboat would suit me just fine.

I'd like to go to Arkansas and fish with poisonpits, or Kansas and fish with dafin; and what 223reload said about a national gathering would be great as well. I never went fishin' at the national gathering '06. :smile2:

As far as places I may actually GET to go (hopefully before I have to wait TOO much longer) I choose the Santee-Cooper lakes. After seeing them last spring, I definitely want to go there and spend some time on the water. :cool2:

19. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN BROTHER

20. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I would like to go fishin in Cali with my buddy Ace!