If you could fish with one person who would that be?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by kspor, Feb 16, 2006.

1. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Since my father passed away, my oldest fishing buddy is gone. If I could have one more day on the water with anyone, it would be him and his dad. They both worked to awaken the outdoorsman in me that blazes brightly today. Wondered who you all would pick.

2. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Thats a really nice post. I cant think of one person specifically. I would have to choose my friends because they are real people and my Father-In-Law because he is about the only one I can outfish...

3. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Kspor, if I were picking from the ones that have passed on, it would be my Grandpa on my Father's side. If I were picking of the ones that are still here it would be my brother. We fish together all the timeand I can't think of a better partner to fish with. Vern

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I may well be at that point.and I can not answer that question. I have fished with so many people that I love.I am looking forward to fishing with the ones that are gone,but I am afraid of missing the ones that I leave behind.peewee-williams

5. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Allthough he has passed on, it would definately be my father. I have 16 rods and 17 reels and it's all his fault. I'd just like to thank him.

6. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Peewee, I know where you are coming from , I feel much the same. So many have gone before me . I have the great memory's. and God will I will make a few more.

7. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    id love to go fishing one more time with my dad. we were planing a fly fishing trip for trout up in yosemite park when he got sick with lymphoma cancer needless to say we never got to take that trip.

8. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    My great grandpa on my dad's side of the family. Because for one thing he is the reason that I fish. If it was not for him I dont think my dad would have ever got into fishing. He passed away a couple years ago from cancer. I got to go fishing with him a couple times, I would not trade those fishing trips for anything. Ya'll enjoy fishing with your friends and family, anything can happen.....for that matter, just enjoy doing anything with your friends and family!

Zakk.

9. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    That's an easy one: My best friend & fishing buddy for life - my wonderful wife :) She actually bought me a boat last year on ebay without telling me what she was doing, and after she won it she showed me the pictures and said "hope you like it - is it a good one?"

10. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    if it were possible i'd like to fish with my great-grandfather once again, he passed when i was 15.

11. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    My grandfather, he taught me to fish. He passed on in 1994.

12. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Of those who have passed, I would love to go fishing one time with my Grandpa. He loved to fish, but I didn't get interested in fishing until long after he had passed.

Of those still here, my wife.

13. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Like most of you it would be my dad if it were possible, I miss him terribly. But I get to fish with my favorite people quite a lot. They all know who they are and I couldn't ask for better fishing partners than them. Especially my regular fishing partner. After them would be all of you. The members of the BOC have taught me how to fish for big catfish and opened my life up to the full meaning of fun and getting to know people. I'd fish with anyone on this board anytime. I know of no better bunch of friends that right here.

14. FlatGetter

FlatGetter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would fish with Jim Moyer or Jimmy Weir.
    :)

15. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    My grandfather one more time. He passed away and I miss fishing with him. Everyone says I catch 'em like he used to. I remember he always put us on fish, that's for sure. The last time I was able to fish with him was 1983. God bless.

16. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Eugene Miller was a good friend of my Dads when I was little, he used to take my Dad and I Crappie fishing on his Bass boat (he always said it was a Crappie boat, lol). That was his fish of choice and man did he know how to catch 'em, I don't think we ever got skunk when we went with him, he knew all the good spots. He is no longer with us :sad: but I'm sure he's on a lake up there somewhere tearing up those big Crappies. :)

17. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Definetly my dad and grandfather.
    The two guys who showed me the true beauty of the great outdoors.
    I too miss them both.

18. Ulizth

Ulizth New Member

State:
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    Clearly my answer would be my grandfather. He did his best to teach me everything about hunting and fishing. I would just like to be able to show him that it was appreciated and how well he did.:crying:

19. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    It would be my Grandpa who has long since passed on. He's the one that took the time to show a young'en how to fish and what the outdoors are all about.
    The livin' it would have to be my son first and then my fishin' buddy Martin. Martin and I have fished together through high school and two marriages each and kids and all things good and bad. He's the best friend besides my son a guy could have.

20. bigkatsrus

bigkatsrus New Member

State:
    VA
    phil king

i'm sure i could learn alot from a guy that wins lots of tournaments