IF you could fish any spot in the world, where and why?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by lovedasmelloffish, Nov 30, 2009.

1. lovedasmelloffish

lovedasmelloffish New Member

State:
    California
    Curious to see what some of you hardcore fisherman dream of? Where would you want to fish if you had the choice. Anywhere in the world and why?

I would want to fish at one of the spots this dude has fished and caught monster cats. Was it Thailand he jumped in the river after hooking the huge cat? This guy has a dream job.
    http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4548f3fc33/river-monsters-giant-catfish

2. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    I like the lakes that I fish. It would be hard to improve on the spots that I have. I know my lakes and it's always nice to fish familiar waters.

However, that being said I've always wanted to have the time and money to just drive. I'd like to hook up the boat, load the truck, and head west. Stopping along the way at small streams and creeks to see if there are any fish in there. I'm sure I could find a lake or two along the way to explore as well.

3. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
  4. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    the mekong river delta for those monster cats

5. lovedasmelloffish

State:
    California
    That would be great to be able to just drive across the country and fish all the water you cross!!

6. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
  7. lovedasmelloffish

State:
    California
    That would be insane catching a 5-600 lb catfish!!! They are huge in mekong river!

8. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    all the good flathead spots,don't care nothing bout any of them (exotic)cats.if it ain't a flat it ain't a cat,well maybe one of them big wheeler blues.

9. lovedasmelloffish

State:
    California
    They don't have them flat head cats out here in NorCal. I will get one some day. maybe this summer, Ill head south and hit up SoCal to find one!:smile2:

10. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    I am pretty much satisfied with the waters I fish. But if I have to go, well lets make it the River Danube, I would love to see Budapest Hungary, so I probably wouldn't get much fishing done. :smile2:

11. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I love them flatties, but I definately wouldn't turn down the oppurtunity to fish the Amazom for red-tail catfish and piraiba.

12. festus

festus New Member

Probably Barkley and Kentucky Dams when the fishing is good.

13. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    prolly peacock bass in the amazon. or baramundi down under

14. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    mississippi with somebody who knows what they are doing

15. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Kentucky Lake and Barkley,,,, camp in the LBL,,, fish both lakes,,,,That is truly Gods Country.

16. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    have to be united kingdom for me.id love to catch some wells cats and some zanders with my friend mike.the barse

17. festus

festus New Member

This is true. I've never seen anywhere else so many good bait shops up that way. Seemed like there was one on every corner.

18. afishpatrol

afishpatrol New Member

State:
    indiana
    norway or finland, mainly because of the beutifull sceinery but also because of the pristine lakes and rivers. third reason would be the hot blonds...lmao...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  19. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ebro River, Spain. Wels catfish are awesome!:wink: Them huge carp would be fun to catch too.

20. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'd fish the same spot I usually fish on Kerr Res in Oklahoma. Why?? if ya gotta ask ,you wouldnt understand :wink: