If you could change a fishing regulation in your state......

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by BenNewt, Oct 8, 2009.

1. BenNewt

BenNewt New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    If you could change a fishing regulation in your state, what would it be and why?

Any by change, I mean adding regulations, taking some away, or modifying them.

I generally like the regs in MN, but I think two of them should be wiped from the books. You can only fish with one rod in MN, I think you should get two. They also outlawed throw nets last year, and strongly disagree with that.....

2. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    well Ben i was going to say i would like to be able to use 3 rods but after seeing you can just use 1 i will hush lol

3. 7mmmag1

7mmmag1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I would reduce some of the limits (15 cats per day) and get rid of the you are allowed to have multiple days limits on board. Its getting harder to catch nice channels and bites are getting fewer on the big lakes

4. arizhunter

arizhunter New Member

State:
    Goodyear, Az
    There a two rod limit in AZ but you have buy stamp for 2nd rod, I would like to see the stamp done away. Two rod limit with lower fees.:smile2: I know dream on

5. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I would like to see it as . Allowed 3 rod and reels on lakes , and unlimited on rivers . Also would like to see the daily trout limit go from 5 to 20 ...lol Now thats not asking to much is it ?

6. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Our regs here in TN are good to me I just wish there was more enforcement..

7. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    PA has no closed season on cats of any kind. You can keep 50 per person per day any size, just like minnows and other bait.:angry:. I wanna use 4 rods but can only use 2. Which is still better tha 1:crazy:

8. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i agree with pappy cat like to use more than 2 rods here in pa but yeah one rod is a pretty bad deal

9. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If there was one indiana law I could change i would be the rod limit. its 3 now. but i like to drift with 6. WHAT I WOULD REALLY LOVE TO SEE IS for indiana and kentucky all agree on the same set of laws for the ohio river. like the cast net law, the rod law, the bait law. it gets confusing at times. because i know i am constantly breaking indiana law when im by myself with my rods so i have to follow kentuckys. but then that limits what i can use for bait! :angry:

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would like to see more stict Laws on harvesting flatheads..Also make it illegal to use trotlines.

11. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    i'd like to see commercial netting stopped here in arkansas.

12. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i got a more likely to pass law on that subject, a setline fee, all these son of a guns wanna charge extra for extra rods. i say let us use however many rods we want with a hook limit. then charge a fee to run bank lines trout lines ect. sence most of see it as harvesting not fishing anyway it make more sence to me (than charging for rods) and may controll it better. a max size limit to go with the min size limit might help things along and i guess they should allow 1 over max so you dont get in trouble keeping a gut hooked fish (no sence in wasting a dead one)

13. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I would change it so that when I am fishing all barge traffic has to stop. But on a real note i would apply some restrictions on the limits of smaller cats one can keep. We already have a one big fish law. (don't remember the exact size, so i will just call it a big fish:smile2:)

14. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    id like to see arkansas outlaw noodlin and snagging during nesting season and only one fish over 32 inches.

15. festus

festus New Member

I'm unsure about the law, but I would like to see when anyone's written a citation for breaking creel and size limits, they are taken downtown and made to post bond. That way all these folks who are keeping every fish they catch will have to pay. Many of those people don't show up for court, and when they do, the judges are too lenient.

16. BenNewt

BenNewt New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Yep no set lines of any kind are allowed in MN. But thats a regulation I like. And we are only allowed to keep two flatheads a day and only one of them can be over 24"--I like that one too. But then things get ridiculous in my opinion with the only one rod, and no thrownet regs....

17. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    The biggest regulation I would change is the limit on Catfish. Right now our limit is 10 per day and this is a combination of all species of Cats. I would change it so that there would be individual species limits. This way a person could only catch and keep like two flatheads and two blues and maybe five channels or some such depending on the waters and the population of said fish in those waters. I would also add length limits to these catches so the bigger fish would get put back.

18. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    For Catfishing,,,Like to see the license allowing 2 poles,, and then the Stamp for a third,,
    ,, Or, buy stamps to allow more,, 2 stamps 2 more rods,, etc.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  19. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Man, Thats ain't right, one rod :eek:oooh:, Man I hear you guys:crazy:. Is their a shortage of fish or something???:confused2:Here in Ky there's no limit on poles their might be on the fish but I do not know.

They could put limits on the flatheads AND Blues over 20lbs IMHO.:wink:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  20. BenNewt

BenNewt New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Well it seems as though alot of laws here in MN are all centered around protecting the walleye populations. The theory probably goes that too many rods allowed for trolling will take too many walleyes and fewer walleyes equal less tourism dollars. So then you only allow one rod for walleyes. Then some guy probably got caught and said he wasn't fishing for walleyes, he was fishing for bass. Then of course what needs to be done is to just limit it to one rod for everyone no matter what they are fishing for. Its extremely irritating. :crazy: