If you aint trying for food or bait,Do you try as hard?

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by 223reload, Apr 13, 2009.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Just was thinking,Myself. If I am fishing at all I fish to take fish home,Most times. If I am just messin around throwing a plug or a jig or even if a live minnow,I really dont fish just to be killing time ,But I know a lot of yall do. If you dont plan on keeping the fish you take do you try as hard?

2. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    well reload i try just as hard im after misster big more than i am meat:wink:

3. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yes....I fish hard everytime out and I usually throw everything back. I do keep some smaller fish from time to time as needed.:cool2:

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Oh ya, I try as hard and I release 80% of my fish:wink:

5. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Richard, I guess I'm like this guy:

“Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.” Henry David Thoreau

........because it ain't the fish I'm after as much as getting out and soaking up God's creation. I love the outdoors and love playing the hunter-gatherer whether it's fishing or shroomin' or hunting or foraging or exploring a new nook or cranny in the woods...........

........which brings up an entirely new subject for me:

GOOGLE EARTH !! My son-in-law installed it on my computer and introduced me to it yesterday and I'm absolutely hooked; I've set here on my computer today and have found two hidden sloughs (good-sized ones too) on the river that I never knew were there! After all these years! Well you can bet this boy is gonna been plugging these sloughs for bass ASAP.

Point is, I just love the adventure and exploring like a boy.

6. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hey Richard,,,
    If I'm catfishing, which is usually,,,, I,,,,like another post,,, am trying for a PB, or some type of good one,,
    I seem to try as hard I'd say..Heck, it costs a LOT for me to go where I fish..
    If , I'm fishing local,, I don't get to excited sometimes,, as the local waters don't hold, quality fish..I don't eat any of those anytime... Nasty
    So, I suppose it depends on where I'm fishin'
    ,, rather than if I keep'm or not..

7. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    This is the way I fish as well I love the feeling I get when that fish swims away.:wink::smile2:

8. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Dag nab! yall workin too hard and takin this fishin stuff way too serious!

"There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."--Dave Barry

lol

I guess I'd work alot harder if i didn't live practically on the river.

9. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i fish whenever i can, and i keep a lot and release a lot. i have the same drive either way, but maybe a little more when my kids are with me. can't look bad in front of the kids!

10. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I try to catch fish every time I go out.That being said,its the method I use.If Iam bottom bouncing or tight line fishin.Both ways I can catch fish.If Iam tight line fishin, I can maltitask.you know watch the shore lines for deer and even take a nap:smile2:.Now when I bottom bounch I have more things to do. keep track of the deph,try to stay the right distance from shore. you know what Iam trying to say?I say adjust your fishing method to your mood and fish hard, but fish smart.smokey out
    smokey

11. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Something to do with my age I guess. Brought down and killed my share of many things over the years. Don't have much meaning for me anymore. Live and let live I guess.

I do fish and I fish well but if I catch 'em they are back in the water and frankly I really almost hate to see my rod go down. That river bank or stream has more things going on than just the fact that there might be a fish under the water that is stupid enough to take my bait.

To each his own and all that. When and if the time comes I can do my killing if I have the need.

12. Angler4life

Angler4life New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Yeah, I try as hard to fish every time I go fishing. I always want to catch a bigger one or one that I would be able to mount or get a replica done of. I also think I try so hard because I always have to complete in whatever I do. I'm extremely competitive and it is a challenge for me to catch the most fish that I can. I'm also always competing with my Dad and friends. The main difference for me between fishing for food and fishing for fun is that I am rarely disappointed at the end of the day when I fish for fun, but if I am fishing for food and I am not catching the numbers of fish that I want, I get pissed off. This was a good thread for discussion, thanks.