If reputations pts. were Green Stamps

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mac-b, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    If reputation pts. were Green Stamps and each point equaled one cent, what would you buy with your rep's. First, I would check out the BOC Sponsors and see what they had that I didn't or maybe call Gander Mtn. and see if they would do some trading.

I have a bunch of Abu's (6500) and Ugly Sticks, so I might move up to some custom rods and some Abu Garcia 7,000.

Can you imagine how many tall ones someone could buy with 1,837,482 points! I bet we would not hear from him for quite awhile and if we did it would go like this: *&(%^$#+_,jlssjwoid?:smile2::wink::cool2::roll_eyes::beat_plaster::go::go::go:

2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    the first thing i would buy would be a buttox implant. that way the next time my mouth write's a check, my butt could back it up.

next i would get a trip with a guide who actually knows what they are doing. heck i imagine you are as likely a candidate as anyone mac.

finally, i would buy an old polaroid to take humiliating pics. of "you know who with the rep. points" while he is passed out drunk. maybe even set up that grocery cart scene from the movie animal house.

3. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    you know you are old when you remember green stamps:smile2: but i do too lol

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Brother baitchunker, I will give you a trip for one of the pic's and 250,000 points. I will knock of 125,000 points if you get a good face shot.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I can remember them....I guess that makes me old...:wink::smile2:

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i would not owe anything and fish ,fish and fish some more !!! :roll_eyes:

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Not sure what I'd do with em,But I bet the taste better than them dang stamps.:angry:

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    When driving an oil field logging truck, would never buy fuel at a station that didn't offer Green stamps. We always bought groceries on double stamp day. :roll_eyes:

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am not aware of them but I rember a funny lookin stamp my Mom use to save so??? but if they were USD-pay my house off-pontoon boat and Motor Cycle after that it would be spent accordingly-MORE TOYS IS WHAT ID DO:wink:

10. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I remember GS. Licked a many of them . I sure wish I had known about Tabasco sauce back then. That stuff makes anything taste better. I got smart and started using a wet sponge. LOL . I also remember the big gS tradeing stores in the city. All the cool stuff. LOL
    If I could trade RP for cash. I would buy gold, store it for as many years as I could, resale for I hope a much bigger profit. Then get more GS. LOL
    I know some folks who bought gold many years back. They just sold a bunch of it. Made some good money.

Come to think of it. I bet I got a few old books of GS stored some where in all the family stuff I have stored for many years. its just finding the right box thats a chore and then hope, the rats didn't shred them up

11. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    I'd go on eBay and buy all the ones that are listed on there before they realized they where worth something!
    :wink:
    ~Teddy

12. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I would have to add 20 green backs to get a abu 6500:confused2:

13. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    That's hysterical. The first thing some of you said was "you know you're old when....." that's the first thing I thought of when I read that.

There was an S&H Greenstamp store here in our local town. Every summer, my granny would let all of us book up all those freakin' stamps and we'd go to the store and buy stuff for us grandkids. We would always end up doing the same thing each summer, we would pool all the stamps and buy a swimming pool for the front yard. Of course we'd end up busting it within the first week, but it was always fun. Since I was the youngest, after a few years I was the only one interested in the greenstamps each year, so I would get to spend them all. By that time, I was eat up with fishing, so I'd buy an inflatable raft and a couple of new poles at th greenstamp store. It was like Christmas.

I guess to answer the question, I'd use the "what if" money to pay off debt, and to take some classes at the local technology center.

14. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    im with kenny id buy more toys id have one bad boat

15. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Hey guys he said each point was worth a penny, not a dollar. LOL!:smile2:

I'd build that cedar deck I've been wanting to do for 9 years!:roll_eyes:

Plus that Big Pergola off the back of the house but think I'd be outta points! LMAO!!!!!

16. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would merge them with my "coins" and run to MacDonalds for a hot cup of coffee...:smile2:

17. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Since we are dreaming, I made mine a dollar. :tounge_out:

18. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    If they were S&H Greenstamps, I would most likely give them away just like I did when I got the stamps, LOL!!! They never had anything i wanted in those so-called stamp stores anyway, LMAO!!!!

19. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    don't lie JW you would buy a big supply of twinks for your blood brother! lol...rollo

20. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Nope, he can take the stamps I give him and buy his own, LOL!!!!