If it werent for bad luck.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by 223reload, Oct 28, 2007.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    What a way to end a weekend> Our upright freezer just went out ,and we been sufflin food to all our friends and neighbors freezers. I have been tryin to scrimp an save every chance I get ,but somehow the old growler sneaks in the way an bites me in the a$$. so if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. We are now gonna have to buy a new freezer at somewhere between 500 and 700.00 woo hoo a chunk we aint able to absorb right now . ,sorry to unload on all my Family ,but I'm really pi$$ed at the moment ,guess I will get over it ....in time .

2. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    That is what family and friends are for will keep you in our prayers

3. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Not sure about where you are, but here we have a thing called craigslist. They list local stuff for sale and I've seen some decent deals on freezers. You might try that. Good luck!

4. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    That really stinks Richard!!! Is there any place like a used appliance store where you can get a used freezer cheap??

5. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Too old ta fix it? Lot of warehouse outfits round here got appliances for sale people left in storage, behind on lease, kind of thing. Good luck.

6. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'm sticking ice cubes in my pocket as I write. Do ya think I can get there before they melt? How deep is your potato cellar, maybe a coupla bales of straw on top now can save the frozen pizzas. Smart a$$ that I am wish I could really help ya Richard, I got no easy suggestions, John.

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Know the feeling about the freezer.Ours went out about 3 months ago.At least you got to save your stuff .By the time I figured out ours was dead stuff had pretty well thawed out.Boy that sounds high for a freezer.

8. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sorry to hear about the trouble there Richard. Hope things take a good turn for you.

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Load I feel you we are in need of some cash and my ole lady seems to think tis ok to buy the boy a darn 300.00 game thing-a-ma jig....THE HOUSE OF KENNY IS NOT GOOD TODAY..............and Dad hath spoken there will be no game.I gotta remind myself that there is no love like a mothers :angry:

10. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Sorry about your luck there, I know how it is. We cant get ahead for nothing, its always something aint it. I'm to the point where I dont even get mad anymore, I just shake my head and go on my way. I hope ya find ya a good deal on a new one...g'luck

11. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Richard,I know what ya mean.A few weeks ago my water main broke,the day the plumber arrived,my water heater went belly up.A cool 1,ooo bones and my yard looks like crap from the back-hoe.Got my water bill,normally 30-40 bucks....210 last month

"Doom,dispare,and agony on me"...Hee-Haw 1979

12. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Richard, hopefully you will be able to find a used one in the paper or somewhere pretty quick. I have the biggest upright they make plus a big chest freezer and the side by side freezer full and i'd be scrambling and u cussin if any of them went out.

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    OK gang we got a brand spankin new freezer today,600.00 at LOWES ,it was a 17.3 cu ft our old one was 15,7 so we upgraded and got a warranty an all ,got er done . Thanks for the concern . Just glad we had a bit to spare to buy it.